- Professional attire is always encouraged.
- Greet employers with a smile and a firm handshake. Don’t cruise the fair with a group of friends; make a positive impression by talking with employers on your own.
- Take copies of your updated resume. Some employers may collect them; others will not. Some may ask you questions and make note of your responses on your resume. Some employers will conduct “mini-interviews” at their table, others may conduct more formal interviews at another location at the expo. Be prepared for any of these circumstances.
- A little preparation goes a long way: 1. Be ready with a quick (no more than 30 seconds) introduction that you can give employers, including your name, major, career interests and a summary of your relevant experience. 2. Prepare a few questions in advance that you can ask about their organization and types of positions available. See the list below for suggestions. 3. Prioritize your list of employers to make good use of your time. For UWL career fairs, a list of registered employers is available on the Career Services home page and will also be available at the event.
- Some employers may leave early to get to their next recruiting event or to get back home. Don't wait until the end of the fair to see the employers you are most interested.
- Ask for a business card from employers. This will make your follow-up with them much easier.
- What are the entry-level positions at your organization?
- What skills/majors are you seeking?
- Does your organization offer internships?
- What personal characteristics are required to succeed in your organization? (Find out what variables can make the difference between being hired and not being hired.)
- Tell me about your career path and why you like working for this organization.
University of Northern Iowa Overseas Recruiting Fair
February 2-4, 2018
Registration deadline: January 12, 2018
CESA 9 Job Fair
Northcentral Technical College, Wausau, WI
Education Job Fair
Union Wisconsin Room, UW-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI
UNI Teacher Job Fair
Saturday, March 24, 2018
Mauker Union, Cedar Falls, IA
Southeastern Wisconsin Teacher Recruitment Fair
Milwaukee Area School District
Wisconsin Educational Recruitment Fair
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3-7 pm
Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center
- This fair is only open to graduates from Minnesota colleges and universities. However, you can look at the list of employers that will be in attendance and contact them directly.
Cambridge High School
Pre -Register on Facebook - $10 cost in advance
Register at: http://www.alaskateacher.org/