High School student
Earn College credits while completing high school!
Get a jump start on your college career, without taking an “extra” class. Students in dual credit courses fulfill high school requirements, while also earning actual college credits!
- You may be able to complete college early or lighten your college course load
- Ease into college coursework from the comfort of your own school with known instructors
- Colleges/universities from coast to coast accept these highly transferrable credits
Check out how using the links to the left.
UW-La Crosse grants High School students enrolled in this program the same academic rights and privileges granted to other UWL students. Dual Credit students do not pay segregated fees; however, so most on campus services provided by these fees are not available to them.*
*Exceptions to this limitation are the use of the university library and of state of the art lab equipment. High school students enrolled in dual credit courses may be granted a library card to use in the campus library and may use the equipment in dual credit courses for which there is a lab component.
What do past participants have to say?
“.. nothing prepared me for college more than actual college classes. After a year of college, I would say that the workload of the dual-enrollment class is comparable to what I have had to do for my classes each semester”
- Cameron Robaczewski, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Class of 2019
“I think the greatest value of this program is priming high school students for what college will be like.“
- Student in dual credit CHEM 103 at West Salem High School, 2014-2015