- You must have a current academic year FAFSA on file.
- AFTER YOU REGISTER FOR WINTER INTERSESSION, complete the Winter Intersession Application and turn it into the Financial Aid Office. The Winter Intersession Financial Aid Form will be available when registration starts in November.
- YOU ONLY NEED TO COMPLETE THE FORM if you want to use remaining Direct loan eligibility or have already borrowed the maximum PLUS or Alternative loan estimate on your award.
- The only aid available for Winter Intersession is loans, either Direct, Parent PLUS, GRAD PLUS or Alternative Education Loans.
- If you are already receiving the maximum Federal Direct loan for your grade level (freshmen - $5500, sophomore - $6500, juniors and seniors - $7500, graduate students - $20,500), then only Parent PLUS Loans, Graduate PLUS Loans or Alternative loans might be available to you. These loans require a separate application.
- Additional eligibility for loans will be limited to the cost of Winter Intersession tuition and fees. When fees are known, it should be posted on the Cashier's Office website.
- If you have not borrowed the maximum Parent PLUS Loan, Graduate PLUS Loan or Alternative loan estimate on your award, you can just apply for those loans and YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THE WINTER INTERSESSION FINANCIAL AID FORM.
Winter Intersession billing
- Winter Intersession costs may be billed separately, but any approved Winter Intersession aid is part of the Spring Semester and will be disbursed along with the Spring aid (usually the first day of Spring Semester).
3 credits Winter Intersession and 3 credits in Spring
Important: If a student is taking 3 credits in Winter Intersession and is only taking 3 credits in the spring semester, even though they would be considered half-time for financial aid purposes, they will be considered to be less than half time for enrollment purposes and will be reported to the national clearinghouse (NSLDS) as less than half-time. This could cause the student to go into repayment on their student loans sooner than they might expect.