Minnesota reciprocity

Mississippi River

The states of Wisconsin and Minnesota have entered into an agreement concerning reciprocity for students from one state taking courses in the other state without having to pay non-resident tuition.

Minnesota residents must file an "Application for Reciprocity Fee Status." It is recommended that you file prior to the start of classes but is important that you apply before the end of the fall term in order to utilize the reciprocity for the term. You should only have to file this application once during your time in attendance at UW-La Crosse.  

For more information including an application for reciprocity go to https://www.ohe.state.mn.us/ssl/reciprocity/apply1.cfm. Choose the year you will be attending school. The applications for the upcoming academic year should be available in March.