Each of the university's colleges and schools has needs that exceed funding provided by the state. Alumni support can range from unrestricted school- or college-based programs to specific departmental projects. These funds focus on scholarships, academic programs, technology upgrades, and support for student organizations.
Gifts to the UWL CBA will support:
• Student development: study abroad opportunities
• Student development: national association meeting and competition attendance
• Faculty and staff professional development, data bases, and software
Gifts to the College of Science will support:
- Fellowships and grants to support undergraduate and graduate student research, especially for FYRE, the First Year Research Exposure.
- Support for faculty and staff professional development
- Need-based scholarships
- Distinguished Speakers Lecture Series (e.g., Nobel Laureates).
Gifts to the School of Education will support:
- Advancing the mission of the School of Education (SoE) in supporting students, advancing programs, and impact/outreach activities that directly benefit the schools and communities served and that communicate SoE’s mission.
- International/Urban Education: To provide opportunities that allow SoE faculty and students to grow globally by working with ethnically, culturally, linguistically, and socioeconomically diverse learners.
- School Of Education Annual Scholarship Fund: To support SoE students in the School throughout their college career through funding full or partial tuition costs or other academic needs.
- Grow Our Own Teacher Diversity Scholarship Program: To partner with local school districts to increase the number of qualified and culturally diverse educators in our communities’ PK-12 classrooms by providing SoE students of color the opportunity to earn an education degree tuition free.