Reservations & resources
Hours of Operation
|Monday - Thursday:||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday:||10:00 am - 3:00 pm|
LRC Contact Information
Language Resource Center and Research Linguistic Lab.
321 Graff Main Hall
1725 State St
La Crosse, WI 54601
To make a reservation, please contact the Director of the Language Resource Center, Laurence Couturier by phone (608.785.8325) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Language Resource Center, located in 321 Graff Main Hall, provides essential help and resources to all language students. We offer tutoring and conversation partner sessions in many languages, computers for student use, audio/video recording resources, films in many languages, language-learning software, and facilities for viewing films individually or in groups.
The Language Resource Center is open when classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters.
LRC YouTube Channel
Please visit the LRC YouTube channel for "how-to" videos to help you with the technology in your courses.
- A large HD TV and international Blu Ray player
- 16 iMacs (21.5 inches) with Mac OS X 10.7 and Windows 7
- Noise-cancelling microphones at every computer
- 2 pairs of noise-cancelling headphones at every computer
- Video/Audio recording hardware and software at every computers
- HD video cameras for student and faculty use
- Voice recorders
- Livescribe Smartpens for student and faculty use
- Facilities for viewing films individually or as groups
- Laptop stations
- Study stations
- Films in Chinese, French, German, Russian and Spanish
- Foreign language magazines
- Conversation partners and free tutoring
- Information about online resources in many languages
- Numerous forms of technology and equipment for faculty to use in courses
Resources are constantly changing as we try to provide more services and resources to the UWL community, so please continue to check back!