Financial support/assistantships


Financial Aid and Assistantships

Students interested in the MPH and MS-CHLTH [formerly MS-CHE] programs can find more information regarding financial aid, application and deadlines on the UWL Office for Financial Aid under the Graduate and professional students section.

Students interested in the MPH and MS-CHLTH [formerly MS-CHE] programs can find out more information about internal UWL Scholarships at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse Foundation website. For help with external graduate scholarship opportunities, please visit the UWL Scholarship Resource Center and click on their Outside Scholarship Database link, or set up an appointment with one of their staff for more assistance.  The site will require you to log in with your UWL Office 365 Net ID. Check out the UWL Scholarship Resource Center's Scholarship FAQ for additional helpful information.


The College of Science and Health offers many assistantships each year to qualified students. To be eligible, students must be unconditionally admitted to an SAH graduate program. Graduate assistantships are available in many programs and include varied professional responsibilities. Assistants are paid a monthly stipend and receive health insurance benefits. Out-of-state tuition waivers are available on a competitive basis. The in-state portion of tuition is not part of an assistantship award. Wisconsin has tuition reciprocity with Minnesota. Usually, graduate assistantships are nine-month positions, spanning late August to late May.

A limited number of Graduate Assistantships in the Department of Health Education and Health Promotion are offered in Community Health Education and School Health Education. To be considered for a graduate assistantship, submit a letter of intent and resume with the names of at least 3 current references to:

Dr. R. Daniel Duquette, Chair
Department of Health Education Health Promotion
124 Mitchell Hall
1725 State Street
La Crosse, WI 54601

Or e-mail to: