Assistance with internal grants
unding sources. There are a variety of UWL funding sources for your project ideas. Some are campus-wide, and others are college-specific. You can search for a program to apply to using the following sites:
- Campus-wide grant opportunities
- Student funding sources
- Undergraduate Research (UR) grants
- Graduate Research, Service, and Educational Leadership (RSEL) grants
- UR and RSEL grants: mandatory RCR training must be completed by student investigators on funded grants prior to any funds being spent
- Can't find a good match? Please contact ORSP for assistance.
Review the request for proposals (RFP)/grant guidelines. These will contain information regarding required elements, budgetary limitations, page limits, review criteria, and expectations. Given the increasingly competitive nature of most on-campus grant programs, adherence to the guidance provided is critical. Even a high-quality proposal may get overlooked or excluded if it fails to follow the guidelines or misses the submission deadline. If you have questions regarding a particular grant program, please check that program's webpage. Most grants have a contact person that can answer any questions you may have.
Digital Measures (DM). Most campus-wide grant programs use, or will be using, DM as part of the grant submission process. Some helpful resources for DM grant submissions:
- "Universal" budget template - please be sure to refer to each grant's guidelines as some budgetary categories may not be allowed by a particular grant program
- Digital Measures log-in page
- Grant submission process:
- Create a new item under "grant materials management"
- The You Tube video below has step by step instructions
- Generate a report
- Obtain approval from your chair or unit director as appropriate (see proposal guidelines for details)
- Send the report to the appropriate email address (see the proposal guidelines or webpage for details) by the submission deadline
- Digital Measures not working? Please contact Patty Fairchild (email@example.com or 608.785.8058) for assistance.