Information about various services offered to employees of UW-La Crosse. 


Commuter parking permits are available for purchase from the parking and transportation services office. Employees are welcome to take advantage of the tax-savings offered by pre-tax payroll deduction of parking permit costs. To purchase a parking permit or learn more about campus parking regulations, visit the Parking and Transportation Services webpage.


The La Crosse MTU bus services offers the U-pass bus service to UWL students and employees. For students, the U-pass program is provided by the UWL Student Association and the fee for a pass is included in student fees. For employees, the U-pass bus pass program is available for a low annual fee and pre-tax payroll deduction is available. For more information and to download the U-pass payment form, visit the U-pass webpage.

Regional bus service

A regional bus service, called SMRT (Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit), has several routes with convenient stops near the UWL campus. For more information about this service, visit the RideSMRT website.

UWL faculty and staff are encouraged to obtain a faculty/staff Eagle ID card. The Eagle ID Card is the official card of UW-La Crosse and you may be asked to supply the card for proof of identity. 

The card is used for many things including room/building access, library check out, staff meal plans, and more.

For more information about the Eagle ID card and how to get one, visit the University Centers Staff ID card webpage.

Dining on campus

Two dining facilities are available on campus--the Student Union and Whitney Center. Faculty and staff can pay for meals using cash, credit or debit or purchase a block meal plan. More information about block plans for faculty and staff and a list of what you can get for a block meal, visit University Center's dining plans webpage


For on-campus events and meetings, catering is available through dining services. To view selections and pricing, visit the dining services catering webpage.

Campus Child Center

The UWL Campus Child Center is a state licensed and nationally accredited group child care setting providing care and education to the children of UWL students, staff, and faculty. Campus Child Center is open the last week in August through the first week in June and is closed during the summer session.

More information is available on the Campus Child Center website

Recreational Eagle Center (REC) membership

The REC is provided for and by UWL students. It is designed to help meet the recreactional, social, and wellness needs of the UWL community. Paid REC memberships are available for faculty and staff and can be purchased online or via payroll deduction. Membership includes:

  • access to the REC strength center, track-side cardiovascular and strength equiptment, a 200-meter indoor track, courts, climbing wall, racquetball courts, multipurpose room, and conditioning room
  • access to the Mitchell Hall pool
  • reduced rental and trip rates at the Outdoor Connection
  • ability to sponsor guests (up to 3 per visit) for appropriate guest fee
  • eligibility to play intramural sports
  • ability to participate in family weekends
  • group fitness classes for an additional fee

Information about Murphy Library services coming soon