Human Resources has put together a directory of information for current employees to help navigate their employment, UWL, and the UW System.  


Quick Access:

Links and Resources

Campus Child Care expanding section

Campus Child Center

The UWL Campus Child Center is a state licensed and nationally accredited group child care setting providing care and education to the children of UWL students, staff, and faculty. Campus Child Center is open the last week in August through the first week in June and is closed during the summer session.

More information is available on the Campus Child Center website

Complaints and Grievances expanding section

Wis. Stat. 36.115 (4) and UW System Administrative Policy 1233 (formerly Gen 14) inform employees on how Grievances upon dismissal may be administered.  These rules outlined below in identifying the process an employee may enact when dismissed.  Certain employee classifications have the right to a hearing before an impartial officer prior to dismissal.  The Board of Regents is the highest level of appeal.  

Last reviewed: November 2019.

Dining on Campus expanding section

Dining on campus

Two dining facilities are available on campus--the Student Union and Whitney Center. Faculty and staff can pay for meals using cash, credit or debit or purchase a block meal plan. More information about block plans for faculty and staff and a list of what you can get for a block meal, visit University Center's dining plans webpage


For on-campus events and meetings, catering is available through dining services. To view selections and pricing, visit the dining services catering webpage.

Eagle ID Card expanding section

UWL faculty and staff are encouraged to obtain a faculty/staff Eagle ID card. The Eagle ID Card is the official card of UW-La Crosse and you may be asked to supply the card for proof of identity. 

The card is used for many things including room/building access, library check out, staff meal plans, and more.

For more information about the Eagle ID card and how to get one, visit the University Centers Staff ID card webpage.

Immigration and Employment Sponsorship expanding section

Click here to access the Employee Sponsorship and Immigration Home Page for UWL.

The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse sponsors foreign nationals in tenure-track faculty positions for their employment-based work authorization visa (H-1B) and employment-based immigrant petition (I-140). UWL works in partnership with UW-Madison's International Faculty & Staff Services to support these work authorization visas. Please refer to the UW-Madison Human Resources website for further information. 

Parking and Transportation expanding section


Commuter parking permits are available for purchase from the parking and transportation services office. Employees are welcome to take advantage of the tax-savings offered by pre-tax payroll deduction of parking permit costs. To purchase a parking permit or learn more about campus parking regulations, visit the Parking and Transportation Services webpage.


The La Crosse MTU bus services offers the U-pass bus service to UWL students and employees. For students, the U-pass program is provided by the UWL Student Association and the fee for a pass is included in student fees. For employees, the U-pass bus pass program is available for a low annual fee and pre-tax payroll deduction is available. For more information and to download the U-pass payment form, visit the U-pass webpage.

Regional bus service

A regional bus service, called SMRT (Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit), has several routes with convenient stops near the UWL campus. For more information about this service, visit the RideSMRT website.

Performance Management expanding section

For details on how Performance Management is conducted at UWL, visit the Performance Management page.

Recreation expanding section

Recreational Eagle Center (REC) membership

The REC is provided for and by UWL students. It is designed to help meet the recreational, social, and wellness needs of the UWL community. Paid REC memberships are available for faculty and staff and can be purchased online or via payroll deduction. Membership includes:

  • access to the REC strength center, track-side cardiovascular and strength equipment, a 200-meter indoor track, courts, climbing wall, racquetball courts, multipurpose room, and conditioning room
  • access to the Mitchell Hall pool
  • reduced rental and trip rates at the Outdoor Connection
  • ability to sponsor guests (up to 3 per visit) for an appropriate guest fee
  • eligibility to play intramural sports
  • ability to participate in family weekends
  • group fitness classes for an additional fee
Workplace Complaints and Grievances expanding section

Click here for detailed information on Complaints and Grievances 

UW-La Crosse encourages a pro-active, collegial work environment in which employees have the opportunity to discuss and resolve work-related concerns with their appropriate supervisor.

In situations where an employee feels they have not received fair treatment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical handicap, the Affirmative Action Office should be contacted at 608.785.8541.

All other work-related concerns should be brought to the attention of the Office of Human Resources at 608.785.8013.