Office of Human Resources mission statement
It is the mission of the UWL Office of Human Resources to advance the overall mission of the University and UW System through the selection, retention, and support of our excellent faculty and staff.
The Office of Human Resources is responsible for a comprehensive program which includes the following:
- Recruitment of qualified applicants into a diverse workforce.
- Providing employment and orientation services as well as policy development and administration.
- Administration of employee payroll, benefits,and processes for all university employees.
- Job classification and compensation research.
- Maintain employee relations, personnel records, and the employee assistance program.
- Administration of performance evaluation programs and the staff employee grievance process.
The Office of Human Resources is committed to providing high quality service to all prospective, current and past employees and to treating such individuals with respect, good care, and individual attention.
By making this commitment to the University and its customers, the Office of Human Resources will continually strive to improve an ever changing work enviroment and to maintain a high level of mutual trust and respect with the campus community.