Overload payment refers to additional non-recurring work or courses taken on by full-time UWL faculty or staff outside of their regular work duties. Summer payments for UWL faculty and staff with academic year appointments are also paid using this form, with the exception of those summer sessions payment that are made through the central summer session fund.

Note: lump sum payments for employees who do not already work for UWL in some capacity or who are less than full-time at UWL should be paid on the employee action form (EAF).

Departments/units looking to pay FLSA non-exempt employees (employees paid on biweekly payroll) for additional duties must contact HR prior to the work beginning for approval and additional instructions.

 Overload form

Overload payment request resources

Inter-institutional Agreement form and resources 

  • In some cases, a UWL department will need to pay an overload to a full-time faculty or staff of another UW System institution on the UWL payroll. The UWL overload form (link above) is used to pay these employees. When the payment is greater than $1000, an UW System Inter-institutional overload form is also required. 
  • Inter-institutional Overload Payment form (.pdf)
    • Submit to HR with appropriate signatures from both institutions to HR office
    • An overload and lump sum payment form (including the employee's signature) must be submitted to HR along with the Inter-institutional overload form.
  • Inter-institutional resources:

Who to Contact

Megan Stauffacher is your contact for monthly payroll and overload/lump sum payments