Student help employees provide part-time and/or temporary administrative, clerical, laborer, technical, or other general support to administrators, faculty, and staff of the institution. Some student help positions are obtained through a students eligibility to receive work study funding.

Finding a job on campus

There are two types of on-campus employment opportunities available to UW-La Crosse students, work-study and student help. More information about these job types and finding an on-campus job can be found in the Financial Aid office student employment brochure.

Important information for student employees

After being hired as student help in a UWL department, students must complete new employee paperwork before beginning work.

Student employees will need to provide appropriate original identification for form I-9before starting work. Examples of acceptable documentation include passport, photo ID AND social security card, or photo ID AND birth certificate (photo copies not accepted -- see full list on last page of form I-9)

Resources for student employees and student supervisors can be found on the student payroll page.

On-campus jobs not on UW-La Crosse payroll

Students working for Dining Services or the UWL bookstore are not paid as student help on UW-La Crosse's payroll system. Please use their websites for human resources office contact information.

Student Employment Information & Resources