International Insurance for UWL Faculty and Staff 

Faculty or staff using university funds to travel abroad for university-related business are required to purchase travel and safety insurance through International Education & Engagement (IEE). The comprehensive insurance plan is provided by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) and enrollment in the plan is administered by IEE. The comprehensive insurance plan covers medical expenses, accidental death and dismemberment, emergency medical reunion, trip interruption, and more. 

Please contact IEE at 608-785-8016 or  at least 10 days ahead of your departure date to enroll in this plan. IEE will need to collect some personal information, including date of birth, for enrollment in this policy. The cost for one month of coverage will vary by traveler's age and travel location but is generally less than $50. 

If university funds will be used to cover the insurance premium (department travel funds, research grants, etc.), IEE will work with the department on a transfer.  If university funds are not available, faculty members must pay for the premium by writing a check (addressed to CISI) and submitting it to IEE.

The CISI insurance plan is not available for personal travel or non-UWL related travel.