Hosting an international faculty member/scholar requires documentation and attention to strict procedures. Due to the visa regulations and requirements, U.S. embassies and consulates require foreign scholars to have personal interviews prior to receiving a visa. In order to help bring international faculty members/scholars to UW-La Crosse in a timely manner, the International Education & Engagement (IEE) office encourages each hosting department and college to:
- View "Hosting a J-1 Visiting Scholar" Information Handout
- Invite scholars as early as possible. Allow a minimum of three months from the date IEE receives the all of the completed documentation before the anticipated arrival date of scholars.
- Make sure forms are complete and all supporting documents are attached before submitting to IEE.
- Notify IEE as soon as your scholar arrives on campus and bring him/her to IEE to check in within ten days of his/her arrival.
- Notify IEE within ten days of the completion of the scholar's program.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Diane Sasaki.