Help & assistance
The Eagle Help Desk provides diagnostic and repair services on select Dell and Apple computers. Services provided include:
- Technical assistance, troubleshooting and warranty repair for failed hardware
- Upgrade assistance and recommendations
- Pick-up and delivery (campus office)
- Reinstallation of OS and/or campus standard applications (available for Macs andPCs)
The only expenses incurred by departments are for out-of-warranty parts, hardware upgrades and additional software not included under a campus site license.
The Eagle Help Desk does not offer backup services. The user is responsible to ensure that all data is backed up and all application installation software is available before the computer is dropped off for service.
The Eagle Help Desk offers limited assistance with student personally owned computers. Before working on a student's computer, the student must sign a liability waiver. We will do everything we can, but we are not responsible for lost data or other problems. No warranty of service is provided or implied.
Services provided include:
- Wireless configuration
- Assist with general install of antiviral software
- Software support for common campus applications
- General review and suggested steps
- Limited support for non-English based operating systems. See the policy for more information
- Backup your personal data
- Reformat hard drives and other media
- Installation of system disks and operating systems
- Open the computer case and perform or assist with hardware replacement/repair
- Registry edits
- Other items not specifically listed above
We reserve the right to refuse service at anytime. You must be present.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide assistance with faculty & staff personally owned equipment.