Exam scoring (Scantron)
Exam Scoring (Multiple-Choice Scantron Tests) is done by the Eagle Help Desk in ITS. Drop-off and pickup of exams is done at 103 Wing. If a student is picking up exams, they should supply their student ID for identity verification. Exam turn-around is typically one business work day. All exams dropped off for scanning must have a supplied completed scanning request form, and an unblemished answer key.
Exam turn-around can be up to 48 hours, and potentially later, especially at high peak times during mid-terms and finals, or during holidays and semester breaks. ITS will do its very best to accommodate the most efficient, effective, and accurate scanning and data uploads to meet faculty and staff needs.
Top 10 tips to ensure your Scantron exams are scored accurately and quickly.
- Put the exam to be scored in a large identifiable envelope.
- Give it personally to an Eagle Help Desk pro staff or student worker.
- Make sure the name, department, class, section, instructions, and exam key are legible and clearly identified. The key should not have any extraneous marks or erased areas.
- Cleary identify and highlight the exam key.
- Please note if your exam has to be scored by a specific date.
- For complex scoring make sure the directions are clearly written and easily understandable.
- Try to avoid dropping off exams late Friday afternoons or before holidays. The earlier the exam is received, the more likely it can be scored promptly.
- Every attempt will be made to score the exam quickly and accurately.
- Exam results are emailed to the instructor from email@example.com email address.
- Exam turn-around time is typically 48 hours and potentially longer during peak times during mid-terms and finals.