and information into insight."
chief executive of Hewlett-Packard Company
The Statistical Consulting Center (SCC) at UW-La Crosse aims to provide valuable and affordable data analytical services to businesses and organizations in a confidential and professional manner. The SCC not only aims to bring added value to your firm, but also to provide meaningful internship opportunities for students studying statistics at UW-La Crosse.
Employee Training WorkshopsIncrease employee fluency in data analytics through SCC-led workshops tailored to meet the needs of your business or organization. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Tools for making sense of large data sets
- Introduction to Statistical software (like R, SAS, SPSS, and more)
- Statistical process control for manufacturing
Data Analytical Support
- Transform data of all types and sizes into useable information on which to base decisions.
- Get to know your customers and their needs/wants through reliable, validated surveys.
- Create a more lean business model through efficient, well-designed testing and analysis of your processes.
- Identify and forecast trends in product demand and consumer behavior.
Our consultants include both Ph.D. Statisticians and undergraduate students majoring in Statistics with professional experience and focused training in statistical consulting.
How Do I Make An Appointment?
Contact the SCC director by phone, email, or online form to set up an appointment. We can travel to your location or arrange a meeting at UWL.
What Does an Initial Consultation Look Like?
Please use the link below to request a consultation.
An Initial consultation involves meeting the staff of the SCC and discussing any project ideas that you may have. The staff of the SCC will likely ask several questions to learn more about your business or organization and about what you hope to accomplish through our services. We will then propose a plan of how we can support your project.
How Much Does it Cost?
Initial consultations with the SCC staff are free of charge. For follow-up work beyond your initial consultation, the SCC is a fee-for-service entity with rates varying depending on the size and type of project. To view a complete list of pricing for our services, see price guide.
SCC Director for off-campus clients
1020 Cowley Hall
1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
You may also contact the SCC through the Mathematics Department at 608.785.6603.