As a government depository library, Murphy Library is committed to providing UWL students, faculty, staff, Wisconsin's 3rd congressional district, and the general public with:
- Unrestricted access to online public government information
- Expertise in government information sources
- Selections of links to key government e-resources
- A collection of over 45,000 links to online government documents. These may be found and accessed through the Library Catalog.
- A circulating collection of some 200,000 government documents. These are listed in the Library catalog.
This library is a Congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Murphy Library has been a Selective depository library in the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) (designated by the Hon. William Proxmire, U.S. Senator from the state of Wisconsin) serving Wisconsin's 3rd congressional district since September 1965.
State Data Center
Murphy Library has been an Affiliate library in the U.S. Census Bureau State Data Center (SDC) Program since 1979.