Posted 1:22 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, 2023
Apply now to be an Outreach Student Assistant at Murphy Library
Ever wanted to work in social media? Do you enjoy taking photos or creating videos? Looking for a job where you get to be creative? Apply to be an Outreach Student Assistant at Murphy Library!
We are currently hoping to add 1-2 students to our Outreach team. As a member of the team, you will act as a storyteller for Murphy Library creating content, brainstorming strategies and, hopefully, having a fun time doing it. Find out more about the position and how to apply below!
Murphy Library Outreach Student Assistant
Up to 10 hours a week.
This position can be tailored to your skills and interests.
Possible job responsibilities:
- Regularly photograph/film library spaces, patrons, events and promotions for marketing and documentation purposes
- Edit and maintain a library of photos/videos for use across multiple platforms
- Create dynamic written and visual content on the library’s social media accounts
- Research social media trends and help brainstorm new ideas and concepts for content
- Assist with creation of physical displays within the library
- Staff the library’s photobooth at campus events
- Represent Murphy Library at campus resource fairs
- Other duties as assigned
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Must be a degree seeking student at UWL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General familiarity with photography and/or graphic design
- Comfortable using smartphones and a DSLR camera in the production of visual content
- Has personal or professional marketing and/or social media experience, specifically with Instagram
- Enjoys being in front of the camera
Preference given to students pursuing a degree in art, photography, design, communication studies, marketing, English or other related fields.
Interested students should email a completed application along with a paragraph explaining why you are interested in this position and ways in which you believe your skills and assistance will benefit Murphy Library's social media platforms to Shealyn McMahon (email@example.com).
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.