Current UWL students:

Before enrolling in a class outside of UWL

UWL students wishing to take a class outside of UWL and transfer it back should review the steps online before registering into the desired class. Before enrolling at other institutions, please ensure the course will transfer back to this university by consulting your academic advisor in the dean's office of the school/college in which you are enrolled at UWL.

Information on transferring credit to UWL varies based on whether the course is from a college within the UW System, a private or out-of-state college, or a course through an online institution. The Academic Advising Center explains these resources and the transfer of credit process in detail. 

After completing a course outside of UWL

Once you have completed the course and the final grade has been recorded on your transcript at the other institution, request an official transcript be sent directly to UWL from the other institution. Notify your advisor and the Records & Registration Office that you have sent the transcript. If you do not see the credit applied to your record after 10 business days, please contact the Records and Registration Office to verify if the transcript was received.