STARS: Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, & Rating System
UW-La Crosse enrolled into the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™(STARS) program at the end of Fall 2013. STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. Enrollment in the program is intended to:
- Provide a framework for understanding sustainability in all sectors of higher education.
- Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions using a common set of measurements developed with broad participation from the campus sustainability community.
- Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
- Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
- Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community.
Question's about the STARS program at UW-La Crosse can be directed to: