Student Union Thanksgiving Weekend Hours!
Wednesday 11/22/17 Building closes at 4:30
Thursday 11/23/17 CLOSED
Friday 11/24/17 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ADMISSIONS ONLY
Saturday 11/25/17 CLOSED
Sunday 11/26/17 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Student Job Brochure (Job Descriptions)
Student Job Application Please see instructions to open and save!
Instructions to open and save: Download the application PDF, right click on the download and choose open with system viewer. Make sure the application is saved to your computer and the correct one is attached before sending.
Bring your application to 3200 Student Union or email to email@example.com. Applications accepted at all times.
There are over 100 student employee positions within University Centers. Watch for information about University Centers Hiring Fair in the spring. University Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
Click for position information
To fulfill our mission, the following are expectations of all persons employed within University Centers.
- A pleasant , positive attitude.
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work and relate will with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work without close supervision; self motivation.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures consistently and appropriately.
- Dependability, promptness, ability to adhere to agreed upon work schedule.
- Knowledge of University Centers and the UW-La Crosse campus.
- Participation in all employee training.
Student Employment Titles
- Open and close the building
- Communicate and enforce policies in a consistent manner
- Supervise the usage of The U
- Check to ensure that all setups are properly completed
- Oversee setup and take down of the required audio-visual equipment
- Provide on-site supervision of the Valhalla Setup Crew and the Information Center Assistants
- Assist Event Coordinators in supervising major events
- Work with appropriate agencies during emergencies
- Appropriately work with cash handling procedures
- Exercise authority, accept responsibility, quickly make appropriate decisions
- Solve problematic situations as necessary
- Strive for excellent customer service
The custodial crew performs general cleaning and event set-up duties in the Student Union and Whitney Centers
- Vacuum carpet and entrance matting
- Set tables and chairs
- Clean entrance door glass
- Sweep/mop or machine scrub hard floors
- Assist with snow removal
Event Support in the on-campus production crew for campus events. Event Support works with staging, lighting, and sound for a variety of campus events including, but not limited to: lectures, concerts, comedians, talent shows and dances. Event Support employees setup, operate, and take down equipment; along with assisting groups with event coordination and planning.
Find a complete job description here
Apply for Event Support here. Applications can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or turned into the Event Support office - 3204 Student Union.
Graphics is a fast paced, team oriented environment that provides campus organizations with publicity services. Through designing and printing posters, making buttons, and providing other various marketing services, employees will work with customers to better publicize their events to the campus. Employees must have a proficient knowledge of Photoshop and good communication skills to insure the requirements are met from design to completion stage. Graphics has a small staff, with each employee working about 6-10 hours a week.
- Distribute campus information materials
- Appropriately work with cash handling procedures
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Possess some technical knowledge of audio-visual and sound equipment
The Cove Programming promotes volunteerism and involvement, both on and off campus. The center can connect the campus community with volunteer organizations. The center also plans several major all campus events.
- Work with event planning
- Provide basic office operations
- Have knowledge of the benefits of involvement and the opportunities available
- Advise students regarding involvement opportunities
- Participate in various presentations on campus
Individuals in this position need a positive attitude with strong customer service orientation; basic computer skills; strong organization skills; the ability to perform tasks with careful attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to work appropriately with cash handling procedures; strong spelling and grammar skills; ability and desire to learn office procedures and equipment; and math/accounting skills. This office assistant will work with members of the campus community to provide customer service and meet the needs of the administrative and activities staff.
- Greet all customers (students, faculty, staff, and community members) with a pleasant, positive attitude and desire to offer assistance to the best of your ability
- Explain and apply campus policies & procedures
- Register publicity (posters, banners, etc)
- Assist with the coordination of student organization record keeping (websites, mailings, etc.)
- Compile financial reports and account details, prepare cash boxes, reconcile ticket sales revenue, process deposits
- Prepare and maintain administrative records relative to unit responsibilities
- Prepare contracts and riders for campus events
- Complete computer projects as assigned
Individuals in this position need positive people skills; knowledge of office procedures and equipment; basic computer skills; strong organization skills; the ability to perform tasks with careful attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to work appropriately with cash handling procedures; strong spelling and grammar skills; and math/accounting skills. The office assistant in this area will work with the campus community taking ID pictures, and signing individuals up for dining plans and Campus Cash.
- Prepare student, faculty and staff IDs
- Sell Campus Cash
- Acquire knowledge of the dining plan requirements, sign students up, and open accounts
- Work with departmental work orders
- Work with vending refunds
- Verify billing is correct
- Strong customer service skills
Individuals in this position need a strong positive people skills; knowledge of office procedures and equipment; basic computer skills; strong organization skills; the ability to perform tasks with careful attention to detail and accuracy; and strong spelling and grammar skills. Reservations plays a key role in university-sponsored events by reserving rooms on campus for meetings and special events. Basic knowledge of AV equipment is preferred, but not necessary.
- Provide customer service in person and on the telephone
- Explain and follow complex procedures and policies
- Prepare and distribute daily reports and room cards
- Reserve audio visual equipment
- Assist customers with making room reservations and determining their setup needs
- Work on a variety of special projects (i.e. campus calendar)
The Pride Center is devoted to serving UWL students, faculty, staff and members of the community that identify themselves as lesbian, gay, pansexual, bisexual, transgender+, intersex, queer or questioning, asexual as well as their allies (LGPBTIQQAA). The Pride Center provides resources and educational programs on LGPBTIQQAA issues, homophobia, and heterosexism. Additionally, the Pride Center provides a safe place for the LGPBTIQQAA community.
- Present information on LGPBTIQQAA issues through programs, panels and Ally trainings
- Provide support, assistance and referrals to all who approach the center
- Maintain a safe space in the Pride Center
- Office duties which include, but are not limited to creating and hanging fliers, making bulletin boards, filing, emailing, managing the library etc..
The VSC facilitates a variety of event set-ups based on customer requests.
- Set tables, chairs, and miscellaneous equipment to event specifications
- Skirt registration and food service tables as indicated
- Vacuum carpet and furniture
- Assist with table and chair cleaning as needed
- Attend bi-weekly crew meetings to schedule work assignments