Publicity on Campus
The UW-La Crosse publicity guidelines have been developed by the Student Organizations Committee and approved through the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Student Association. These guidelines are an administrative function of University Centers.
Campus publicity is designed to provide the university community with information that will enhance the educational environment, information that leads to greater affiliation, cultural awareness, and educational opportunities.
The university accepts no responsibility or liability for posted materials, including content. The university reserves the right to remove publicity on registered boards that does not adhere to publicity guidelines.
University Centers is charged with carrying out the publicity guidelines. Any appeals of the interpretation of or exceptions to the Campus Publicity Guidelines must be directed to the Student Organizations Committee.
- Registration of fliers is at The COVE Administration Desk, 2200 The U.
Week at a Glance in the COVE!
Want to publicize your organization’s event in the COVE? Week at a Glance is a great way to highlight campus wide events taking place! Each week The COVE will display campus wide events that Student Organizations are having. In order to have your events publicized, fill out our Week at a Glance form on the COVE MyOrgs page under “Forms” or log into MyOrgs and click the link: https://uwlmyorgs.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/144115. All submissions must be in by the Thursday before your event at noon. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
- If you are requesting a Pepsi banner, your request must be submitted AT LEAST 21 days prior to when the banner is needed.
Digital Signs in Whitney and The U:
email the slide to: email@example.com
Digital Sign Requirements:
- Must be in the form of an individual PowerPoint slide formatted for 20" width x 11.25" height in the page setup.
- If using another graphics software program to create your slide, send it in the horizontal (landscape) format, 20" width x 11.25" height with a minimum 150 dpi resolution as a JPEG or PNG file.
- The PowerPoint slide must feature all of the event information including sponsor(s) name.
- Submit to IT for all campus buildings excluding The U and Whitney.
Note that you must submit to both campus-wide and UCTVs for your slide to be displayed in all areas.