Student Organization Resources
What will you find on this page?
Great question! Here you will find resources and links for your Student Organization to utilize. Want to request funding? That information is here! Need storage space? Also here!
Have questions about Student Organization Resources? Email us.
MyOrgs provides students with online convenience for managing and tracking student organizations, leadership, and co-curricular participation. Students can log on with their Net ID username and password to the MyOrgs program, review current student organizations, and express interest in joining a club!
Existing club members can manage their club roster, recruit new members, create news articles, post events on the opportunity board, create elections, and much more. Students can also track their involvement with student organizations and leadership positions. By doing this, students can develop a student involvement transcript that may be useful as they develop a resume and job search.
The COVE Conference Rooms
The COVE has 2 conferences rooms available for reservation. To reserve space, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the form located here.
- You will receive an email either confirming the room, or letting you know it’s not available.
- If the door is locked at meeting start time, please see the COVE Administration Desk or the Union Information Center located on the first floor (608-785-8877).
- You can reserve the conference for up to 2 hours. Special permission for longer use may be arranged – please reach out to Jazz Holland, email@example.com, to inquire.
The following policies apply:
- Organizations are free to use the Conferences Rooms if no one has reserved them. There will be a daily calendar outside the door of when the space is reserved.
- You can ask the COVE Administration Desk to double check no one has it reserved.
- Organizations must clean up after themselves. Table should be wiped down and room should be free of trash.
- The COVE Conference Rooms are to be used for Student Organization meetings, not as a study space or class projects workspace. Requested reservations for anything other than Organization related meetings will be denied.
- Chairs should not be removed from the Conferences Rooms.
- Remember that having these Conference Rooms at your disposal is a privilege!
Thinking about showing a movie? There are important copyright issues that you need to be aware of. Please read the copyright information for what you need to know about the public performance of movies. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Drea Higgins at 608.785.8906 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraiser Registration Form
Fundraiser registration must be approved prior to making a reservation for space/rooms and advertising for the event.
CONCESSION STAND FUNDRAISER
Sign up for an easy fundraiser! The Concession Stand in the lower level of the Student Union has open dates for fundraising. Your student organization can work at the Concession Stand to earn some extra money for your group.
To set up a date and time:
- Contact Becah Neitzel by emailing email@example.com or calling 608.785.8903 to make a reservation.
- Once the reservation is made, contact Cindi Swanson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 608.785.8885 to set up a time to complete a 20-minute training session, which must be conducted at least two days prior to the fundraiser reservation.
- Attend the fundraiser at the reserved time and run the concession stand. All inventory is provided at a low cost to the Student Organization.
EVENT FUNDING ASSISTANCE COMMITTEE
The Event Funding Assistance Committee makes allocations from three different funds to assist student organizations, university departments/organizations, and student initiatives for academic courses to fund programs that they are unable to fund themselves. These funds include:
Pepsi Marketing Fund
Dining Services Account
Student Organizations: Email to Primary Contacts
Who can request to send an email to Primary Contacts?
If your organization is hosting an event, a fundraiser, needs volunteers, etc. and wants to get the information out to other Student Organizations, you can request to send an email to the Primary Contacts!
What to include in the email:
- Who is hosting the event, where it is taking place, when it is taking place.
- What is the most important information you want the reader to see?
- Most readers skim emails.
- Format the email to be easy and quick to read.
- If someone has a question about the event, who should they contact?
- We prefer not to send attachments - please use links to documents upload on their MyOrgs website or through SharePoint.
- Proper grammar and spelling mistakes: please proofread.
Submitting your request:
- Submit the request for the email 10 days before the event/submission date.
- Please include your first and last name, organization/department you are submitting the email on behalf of, what event it is for, and what date you would like the email to be sent out on.
- Please note: UC does not send mass emails on a Monday or Friday. Please plan accordingly.
- UC is only able to send mass emails out to all Primary Contacts.
- UC is unable to send mass emails to all students or advisers.
- The person working on the email will be BCC’d when UC sends out the email.
- Submit final copy of email text to Jazz Holland. If you have any questions, please contact her as well at email@example.com.
Printed Products Approval Form
This form must be approved prior to printing any type of merchandise or product. All artwork, UWL logos, seals, names, symbols, and slogans associated with UWL are trademarks and are the exclusive property of UWL. Reproduction of these marks for resale, or other commercial purposes, must have University authorization by completing the form.
Limited Storage Cage space is available through University Centers. The purpose of a Storage Cage is to provide convenient, on-campus storage for student organization items so organizations do not need to seek off-campus storage. Cages are available in 3 sizes: 3ft wide x 3ft deep x 4ft tall (small), 3ft wide x 3ft deep x 8ft tall (medium), and 3ft wide x 6ft deep x 8ft tall (large). The majority of available Cages are medium size. Storage Cages are located on the lower level of the Student Union and are accessible whenever the building is open. Storage area is available with card access.
Please review the policy for the storage space before submitting request.
Storage Cage Room Access Updates
At the beginning of each semester, the Primary Contact/President must complete an online form updating Organization Members who have access to the Storage Cage room, as well as updating any other contact information and agreeing to terms of usage. If this form is not completed by the deadline, the Organization will lose its Storage Cage.
Registered student organizations have the ability to promote their involvement opportunities and activities by painting windows in the Student Union. The windows are located near Einstein Bros. Bagels, close to the southwest entrance. Student organizations are expected to follow the reservation process, painting time allotment, and cleaning procedure, as well as provide their own supplies. This information can be found in the reservation form linked below.
Reservations are submitted to COVE staff through this form. Due to limited availability for windows, reserving windows must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the painting period and is completed on a first-come, first-served basis. Windows can be reserved on a weekly basis starting on a Monday and to be cleaned no later than the close of building the following Sunday.
Are you interested in starting a new Recognized Student Organization on campus?
The first step is to check out MyOrgs and make sure there isn't an existing organization that similarly aligns with what you are looking to start.
The second step is to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or stop into The COVE, 2200 The U, and speak with someone about how to start an organization and pick up an application packet!
Please note that this can take up to 4-6 weeks from the time all paperwork is submitted, as all packets must go through the Student Organization's Committee, a sub-committee of the UWL Student Association.