What's Going On?Students, faculty and staff living off campus are invited to join in celebrating UW-L’s 2nd annual "Ditch the Car" week, September 26-October 2. Participants are encouraged to give their cars a rest and commute to UW-L by walking, biking, taking the bus, or car pooling whenever possible. Event organizers Nathan Barnhart, Buzz Bocher, Jesse Conaway, Larry Sleznikow, Rob Tyser, and Andrea Wagner hope to raise awareness about using alternative transportation options for commuting to UW-L that are fun, healthy, and earth-friendly.
You can join this event as an individual or by forming “green teams” with colleagues or classmates. Individuals and teams will be recognized for total green miles traveled, longest commutes, number of trips, and team size. Team challenges are encouraged! Participants will submit their travel data and interesting stories online -- no meetings or paperwork required. Contact Rob Tyser (email@example.com) if you would like to be included as a partipant.
Even if you don't have far to commute, walking, biking, or using mass transist frequently is a great way to contribute to this project!
Two Ways to Participate: Individually or as a Team
- Before September 26, send a confirming email to Rob Tyser.
- From September 26-October 2, commute to work as much as possible by walking, biking, taking mass transit, or car-pooling.
- On October 3, each participant will receive an email with a link to a web site for recording her/his commuting information (number of commutes, commuting distance, etc.).
- Staff/faculty teams: Each team member should send a confirming email to Rob Tyser. Be sure to indicate your team leader. Or if your prefer, your team leader could email a list of participants to Rob.
- Class teams: If you are part of a class team, don't bother emailing Rob. He will be in touch with your teacher.
- From September 26-October 2, team members commute to work as much as possible by walking, biking, taking mass transit, or car-pooling.
- Friendly challenges between teams are encouraged!
- On October 3, each staff/factuly team member (and each course instructor) will receive an email with a link to a web site for recording her/his commuting information (number of commutes, commuting distance, etc.).
- Instructors will pass the web site link onto their students in class or via email so that each student may individually record her/his commuting information.
For more information, contact Rob Tyser (firstname.lastname@example.org).