Death, Grief and Bereavement Conference
June 3-5, 2013 (Pre-conference Workshop: June 2, 2013)
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, La Crosse, Wisconsin USA
Conference Theme: Children and Death
The purpose of this conference is to provide a variety of quality presentations and sessions where participants learn, are motivated and are encouraged to use what they have learned in their place of business when they return.
- explaining death to children
- dying children
- grief and children
- death in schools
- management of death in schools
- children’s understanding of death
- sibling death
- children and loss
- what to do with the empty desk
- ways to help children with grief
This educational offering is recognized by the following for continuing education credit:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Death Education and Counseling®
- Association of Social Work Boards
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- University of Wisconsin-Extension
- Wisconsin Department of Regulation & Licensing
- Gerry Cox, Ph.D.
- Richard B. Gilbert, Ph.D., CT, FAAGC
- Bridgette Hensley, Psy.D., L.P.
- Susan Niedzwiecki-Pham, M.S., Ed.
- Rana K. Limbo, Ph.D., RN, PMHCNS-BC
- Carol Oldenburg, M.S., R.N.
- Lori A. Pacourek, MSSW, CAPSW
- Andrew Vitale, CT
- Jill Wilke, RN
Co-providers: Gundersen Health System, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Center for Death Education & Bioethics and Continuing Education and Extension
Contributing Sponsors: Baywood Publishing and Centering Corporation