Track C is the Master of Science degree completion program for Certified Medical Dosimetrists (CMD's) who are currently employed and want to obtain a Masters degree. The online program enables CMD's to earn a Master's degree in the profession with minimal disruption to their lives. The percentage of medical dosimetrists obtaining higher education is increasing. This flexible online program strongly emphasizes professional and academic growth. Advanced program courses such as Operational Issues in Radiation Oncology, Protocols & Studies in Radiation Oncology, and Education and Research courses can enhance competitiveness for advanced level positions with increased pay in areas of management, senior medical dosimetry, education, applications, or research.
Notice to Employers: the student will be
required to ask occasional questions of administrative and HR
staff for certain courses. In addition, each month the student
will be required to submit a clinical case study. The case study
will require reporting clinical data from a case they are
planning. This will not violate HIPAA rules as the clinical case
data does not identify patients or the facility. Any site
specific rules should be addressed with the student in advance.
The program requires 32 semester hours of credit at UW-La Crosse. These credits are obtained through web-based online lectures and discussions, independent study, and clinical experience. The program consists of:
- online curriculum, enhancing the ability to juggle busy schedules
- a 32 credit hour program that can be completed in 3 semesters
- practicum experience designed to be completed at the current place of employment
** Only CMD's with a BS/BA degree can enroll in this track.
Curriculum for students matriculating Spring 2014
Track C students will begin coursework in the spring (January) rather than the fall (September).
Admission policies and the application/selection process have been developed with the intention to consider each applicant's strengths and select for admission those best qualified to meet the program's requirements and mission.
- (6-8 cr) Human Anatomy & Physiology - two semesters with labs; or equivalent
- (6-8 cr) Physics – two course sequence; or equivalent
- (3-4 cr) Pre-Calculus; or College Algebra + Trigonometry; or equivalent
- (3-4 cr) Biology; or equivalent
- (1-3 cr) Medical Terminology; or equivalent
- (2-3 cr) Computer Science; or equivalent
UW-L Application Requirements
- Online application to UW-L - https://apply.wisconsin.edu/
- Application fee
- Submission of all college transcripts
- Please direct all transcripts to:
1725 State St.
142 Cleary Center
La Crosse, WI 54601
Dosimetry Program Application Requirements
- Program application
- Completion of prereq courses
- Computer requirements for online courses
- $50 application fee to the program
- Copy of current MDCB certification
- Four letters of recommendation
- Applicants must use the required form provided on the program's website.
- Please submit all four letters with the program application.
- Letters must be in sealed envelopes with the signature of the reference across the seal.
- Documentation of current employment
- A signed letter from the facility's administrator/manager demonstrates proof.
- Please submit all program application materials
in one mailing to:
1725 State St.
121 Graff Main Hall
La Crosse, WI 54601
Program Application Materials
If you have additional questions you may contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.