TO GET A LICENSE IN WISCONSIN
1. Go to the Web site to find the process and forms to fill out: http://drl.wi.gov/prof_docs_list.asp?profid=28&locid=0
2. You will need a proof of education form completed. If you attended the student recognition ceremony (Dec. 17, 2011), you signed on of these and consider it done. If you did not, then you will need to complete it. Although it says that the program director can sign the form, you should complete your part of the form, send it with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Carla Burkhardt, Assistant Dean
College of Science and Health
228 Graff Main Hall
1725 State Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
3. Transcripts are available from the registrar’s office. http://www.uwlax.edu/records/transcripts/RequestForm.htm
4. You can apply for a temporary license to practice while you study to take the exam if you have a job offer with a licensed occupational therapist supervisor willing to supervise you and co-sign your notes.
5. Consult your notes from fieldwork seminar for additional questions.