(All colleges, excluding Teacher Certification programs) - 30 credits - PHL 100 or 200, 101, 201 or 303, 205, 206, 496; electives in philosophy. Majors must take four philosophy courses at the 300/400 level including PHL 496. No more than six credits of PHL 494/495/497 shall count toward the major.
(All colleges, excluding Teacher Certification programs) - 18 credits - PHL 100, 205, 206; electives in philosophy.
Philosophy Department Honors Program Requirements
- Junior standing
- 12 credits in the major
- 3.25 cumulative grade point average in the major
- Recommendation of two faculty members in the major
- Completion of the regular major program
- PHL 496
- III. Evaluation
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.60 in the major at graduation
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.50 in all university courses
- Presentation of the thesis to a colloquium of faculty and students in the major
- Final examination