With all chain hotels, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) sets
out guidelines that each hotel must be compliant with. These
guidelines can be found
here. However, this hotel in our opinion has gone above and
beyond our expectations for being accessible to disabled individuals.
Here is a list of accommodations that they currently have:
- The Radisson offers 169 rooms, in which 15 of them are
handicapped accessible. Every floor of the hotel has at least
one accessible room and they have to elevators available to get to
- The bathrooms are ADA accessible with the shower having
attachable shower heads. the sink is easy to access with a
wheelchair as it allow for adequate knee space and the ability to
reach faucets and other amenities Shower or toilet chairs are
available upon request.
- All signs in the hotel have Braille writing such as rooms,
restrooms, and elevators
- each room is equipped with a TTY phone. this device allows
those with hearing impairments to type what they would like to say
and then it says it over the phone. it also converts incoming
voices into text to allow for the individual to read
- The alarm clock is rigged to the bed to cause it to vibrate when
the alarm clock goes off
- The room is equipped with a fire alarm with strobe lights as
well as strobe lights that go off when room service hits the
doorbell on your door.
- the hotel has a business center that is accessible to
wheelchairs of all sizes.
- There is a full service bell man always on duty to assist anyone
with luggage or getting in and out of the building.
- The desk workers place a piece of tape in the right corner of
room keys of the visually impaired so they know which way to swipe
to key card
- Wheelchairs are available upon request
- The hotel is attached to a restaurant called the Three Rivers
lodge that is also very accessible. However, they do not have
Braille menus but the waitstaff is more than happy to help
individuals by reading the menu.
- There is at least one handicapped spot available for every 25
spots in the lot so parking is no concern.