Wed, Feb 1st. UWL Celebration of Student Research & Creativity registration opens
Tues, Feb 21st @ 5:30 pm. Grant Writing Workshop - 150 Murphy Library
Tues, Feb 28th @ 4 pm. UW System Symposium registration closes
Tues, Mar 7th @ 5:30 pm. Poster Making Workship - 150 Murphy Library
Wed, Mar 8th. UWL Celebration of Student Research & Creativity registration closes
Thurs, Mar 9th. Last day to request folder to submit URC grant
Tues, Mar 21st, 4-7 pm. URC Grant Writing Hunker - 150/152/153 Murphy Library
Thurs, Mar 23rd by 11:59 pm. URC grant submission deadline
Tues, Apr 11th @ 5:30. Getting Started Seminar - 150 Murphy Library
Thurs, Apr 20th. UWL Celebration of Student Research & Creativity
- Develops writing skills through grant writing and project reports
- Teaches collaboration in the work place
- Engages students in cross-cultural communication
- Provides early exposure to research areas, helping students in career decision-making
"This is preparing me for what is to come,"
Michael Fuerte, '17, Biology says.
"I know a lot of students tend
to rely on lab experience.
This is hands-on training."
Here are some examples of real projects our students have worked on:
- Study how mindfulness and self-control affect learning (2015)
- Travel to Russia to work in a nuclear physics laboratory (2014)
- Explore effects of mercury contamination on fish and wildlife (2012)
- Research impact on poverty and homelessness (2013)
- Research human heart conditions and bleeding disorders (2015)
- Perform research projects for the United Way and other local non-profits (2015)
- Collaborate with UW-Madison on grocery shopping mobile app (2013)