Tues, Sept 27th @ 5:30. Grant Writing Workshop - 150 Murphy Library
Mon, Oct 3rd. NCUR abstract submission window opens
Wed, Oct 12th. 4:00-7:00. Grant Writing Hunker - 150/152/153 Murphy Library
Tues, Oct 18th. Last day to request URC grant folder
Tues, Oct 25th. Fall deadline for URC grants
Fri, Oct 28th. Registration closes for the Seven Rivers Research Symposium at Viterbo
Tues, Nov 15th @ 5:30. Getting Started in Undergrad Research & Creativity - 150 Murphy Library
Fri, Dec 2nd. NCUR abstract submission closes
Thurs, Apr 20th. UWL Celebration of Student Research & Creativity
- Develops writing skills through grant writing and project reports
- Teaches collaboration in the work place
- Engages students in cross-cultural communication
- Provides early exposure to research areas, helping students in career decision-making
"This is preparing me for what is to come,"
Michael Fuerte, '17, Biology says.
"I know a lot of students tend
to rely on lab experience.
This is hands-on training."
Here are some examples of real projects our students have worked on:
- Study how mindfulness and self-control affect learning (2015)
- Travel to Russia to work in a nuclear physics laboratory (2014)
- Explore effects of mercury contamination on fish and wildlife (2012)
- Research impact on poverty and homelessness (2013)
- Research human heart conditions and bleeding disorders (2015)
- Perform research projects for the United Way and other local non-profits (2015)
- Collaborate with UW-Madison on grocery shopping mobile app (2013)