Posted 2:25 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023
Construction of a new, 144,000 square-foot fieldhouse on the UW-La Crosse campus began in August 2020. The building will officially open at the start of the spring semester on Monday, Jan. 23.
Located east of the Roger Harring Stadium, the fieldhouse will have many uses including indoor track and field competitions, student recreation and teaching exercise science classes.
- 200 meter-NCAA competition indoor track
- All-sport surface infield
- Walking and jogging track on the second level of the track
- Space for 1,500 spectators.
- Men's and women's team locker rooms and showers
- Rooms for team meetings, training and multipurpose rooms
- Office suite
- Equipment storage
- Soccer field support building including press box, officials room, team meeting rooms, restrooms, equipment storage, and a first aid/training room. (2,600 gross-square-feet)
The project will allow UWL to keep pace with the continued growth in the athletic and recreational programs on campus, as well as growth in the Exercise and Sport Science Department. The facility will relieve congestion in Mitchell Hall and increase instructional space in the department.
Employees can use the facility for running/walking during specific times
Starting Jan. 23, university employees will also be able to access to the fieldhouse with their UWL ID for open run and walk times from 6 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday- Friday.