The anatomy & physiology annex was built in 2015 to provide additional anatomy lab space for The College of Science & Health until the New Science Lab Building opens.
The Archaeology Center and Laboratories was built in 1940 as the campus Heating Plant and remodeled into its current state in 1999. It contains educational displays of artifacts and descriptions of regional cultures from the last 10,000 years. There are also displays of the archaeologist’s techniques used to recover these artifacts. The displays are open to the public.
The Campus Child Center was established in 1985 to provide care for children of University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students, staff and faculty. The current facility was built in 1997 and is attached to the Recreational Eagle Center.
Cartwright Center is the Student Union on campus. The original building was built in 1959 with additions in 1965 and 1985. In addition to dining services, it houses the bookstore, textbook rental, various student organization offices and the office of University Centers. The building will be repurposed in January 2017 when the New Student Center opens. Check out the New Student Center building project.
Centennial Hall was built in 2011. The building is located in the center of campus and holds 46 classrooms, two auditoriums, and various academic and student advising departments. A large, open entryway in the building opens up to the Hall of Nations. The Hall of Nations is a meeting room which holds flags from 44 countries, representing the diversity of UWL’s international students.
Graff Main Hall, built in 1909, is the original building on campus. It was designated as a historic site by the city of La Crosse in 1984 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Graff Main Hall contains classrooms, and auditorium, and administrative and Academic Department offices.
Cowley Hall of Science was built in 1965 and added onto in 1970.In addition to classrooms and laboratories, it provides office space, research facilities, a greenhouse, a planetarium, and computer labs.
Graff Main Hall, built in 1909, is the original building on campus. It was designated as a historic site by the city of La Crosse in 1984 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Graff Main Hall contains classrooms, the 617 seat Hesprich auditorium, and administrative and academic department offices.
The Heating/Cooling Plant was built in 1967 and added onto in 2007. It contains two high-efficiency gas and oil boilers and ancillary equipment which provide steam for campus heating, domestic hot water, autoclaves and food processing.
The cooling plant portion of the building was built in 1997 and added onto in 2006. It houses three large chillers and equipment to provide chilled water cooling to campus.
Heating Plant Office
Hoeschler Tower Hall
Hoeschler Tower (1996)is a four-sided brick and limestone structure which is approximately 9' wide, stands approximately 40' in height and houses a carillon speaker system, four clock faces and a traditional lantern.
Maintenance & Stores Building
Maintenance and Stores Building, which was built in 1972, is located on North Campus and houses Facilities Planning and Management and related services.
Mitchell Hall, built in 1965 and added onto in 1972, is an extensive teaching, research, and service facility that houses several administrative, faculty, and staff offices. The facilities includes a swimming pool, climbing wall, 200 meter track, basketball courts, wrestling room, dance studio, racquetball courts, indoor ropes course, strength and conditioning center, lockers and showers, and several classrooms with state-of-the-art instructional technology.
Thomas Morris Hall was built in 1939 as the Teachers College Training School and added onto in 1966. Morris Hall is on the National Register of Historic Places and houses classrooms and academic offices.
Roger Harring Stadium, Veterans Memorial Sports Complex
The stadium is named to recognize the accomplishments ofRoger Harring, who led the UWL football team from 1969 to 1999. Harring, who was selected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 2005, won three national championships and 15 conference titles at UWL.
An enhanced Veterans' Hall of Honor in the stadium celebrates the contributions of America's veterans.
The Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex was funded in large measure by private dollars and is a partnership between UWL (faculty & staff, students and alums), local schools and the community. The complex has an artificial turf football field, natural grass soccer field, running track, various recreation and intramural fields.
Veterans’ Memorial Monument was built in 1996 and expresses the gratitude of the community to all veterans who has served honorable in U.S. military forces. The design is celebrative in nature and contains symbols which reflect both the monument’s status as a veterans’ memorial and the stadium’s function as a UW-La Crosse Athletic Facility.
Student Union: The "U"
This 204,787 square foot student center, the "U", is designed to provide student gathering and social areas, study areas, offices for student organizations, general use meeting rooms, performance venues, large meeting rooms, food service kitchens and dining areas, various retail spaces, and textbook rental area.
Student Recreation Fields
Tennis Courts (1967, 1990) are used for Physical Education classes, intercollegiate men's and women's athletics and recreation on a first come-serve basis. The unlighted tennis courts are constructed in four banks of four courts for a total of sixteen.
The project will install two 1,200 ton electrically powered centrifugal chillers and ancillary equipment in a new approximate 7,061 GSF building. The building and infrastructure has been sized to accommodate a third 1,200 ton chiller or a thermal storage system to satisfy potential future loads.
Whitney Center was built in 1966. It serves as the primary dining location for individuals on the meal plan. The primary dining room provides various food stations for individuals to choose their meals.
W. Carl Wimberly Hall was built in 1974 and houses instructional and administrative facilities for the College of Business Administration and the College of Liberal Studies, as well as general access classrooms.
Wittich Hall was built in 1916, and added onto in 1934, was the original physical education building on campus. The building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on April 11, 1985. After several renovations and changes in use over the years, it currently houses the practice facility for Women’s Intercollegiate Gymnastics and temporary office space. Future plans have Wittich undergoing a major renovation to become the new home of the CBA. Check out the Wittich Hall Renovation Project.