Services for student success
- There are many services and resources on campus to empower students for success.
Use this handy tool to find out when subjects you're interested in offer tutoring help. Use the checkboxes to select your subjects and pick a day to find a time that works for you.
Murphy Learning Center (MLC)
Tutoring, Writing Center, Public Speaking. All UW-La-Crosse students can receive free tutoring services in a variety of courses, as well as utilize the Writing Center and the Center for Public Speaking at the MLC. In addition to on-site tutoring they can also direct you to tutoring offered by other campus departments.
The OMSS peer tutoring program provides free course specific tutoring to multicultural UWL undergraduate students upon request.
Student Support Services (SSS)
SSS provides academic, personal, career, and financial advising and support services to low income and first generation college students, as well as students with disabilities.
The ESL Institute at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse endeavors to help students develop the necessary academic skills, English language skills, and cross-cultural competence to be successful in a university setting.
Accommodations, study skills and time management
Eagle Opportunities: Internship & Employment, Determine Career Goals, Resumes, Cover Letters & Interviewing
- Assist with course selections and schedule planning for one or more semesters.
- Advice on progression toward graduation (Gen Ed requirements, major, minor, college requirements).
- Discuss opportunities such as undergraduate research and creativity, job shadowing, internships, study abroad programs
- Need the name of your faculty advisor? Check your Student Center in WINGS.
College Academic Services
Your major determines which of the following colleges you are in:
- College of Business Administration (CBA)
- College of Liberal Studies (CLS)
- School of Arts and Communication (SAC)
- College of Science and Health (CSH)
- School of Education (SOE)
Each college office provides extensive academic services:
- Process program (change of major) change forms.
- Perform credit checks and degree verifications.
- Ensure accuracy of the Advising Report (AR) report.
- Interpret academic policies and procedures
- Advise incoming transfer students and assist with transfer credits.
- Approve off-campus courses for transfer credit.
- Notify and advise students who are ineligible or on probation
- Advise students without a declared major who are following health-related pre-professional tracks OTHER than pre-PT or pre-OT (those students should contact the Academic Advising Center)
Academic Advising Center
Visit the Academic Advising Center Website
- Advise students in the College of Science & Health (SAH) and the College of Liberal Studies (CLS) without a declared major, including students following a pre-PT or pre-OT track.
- Students without a declared major who are following other pre-professional tracks in health should contact the SAH College Office.
- Assist students with exploring alternative majors, transferring schools, or researching graduate school and careers.
Are you ...
- Choosing a major?
- A student without a declared major and registering for next semester?
- Changing your major?
- Getting the most out of advising?
- Looking for ways to be more academically successful?
- Having trouble with WINGS?
- A student with a declared major and registering for next semester?
- Concerned about Advisement Report (AR) accuracy?
- Planning for Commencement?
- Making post-graduation plans?
- A student with other questions about advising, registration, grades or transcripts?