University of Wisconsin-La Crosse | uwlax.edu
Surround yourself with excellence in advising.
YouClick on any item above to get more information. Don't know where to begin? Click on "You".
horizontal lineAcademic Advising CenterCollege deans' officesFaculty AdvisorsServices for student success
- Choosing a major?
- A student without a declared major and registering for next semester?
- Changing your major?
- Getting the most out of advising?
- Looking for ways to be more academically successful?
- Having trouble with WINGS?
- A student with a declared major and registering for next semester?
- Concerned about Advisement Report (AR) accuracy?
- Planning for Commencement?
- Making post-graduation plans?
- A student with other questions about advising, registration, grades or transcripts?
Academic Advising Center:
Visit the Academic Advising Center Website
- Advise students in the College of Science & Health (SAH) and the College of Liberal Studies (CLS) without a declared major, including students following a pre-PT or pre-OT track.
- Students without a declared major who are following other pre-professional tracks in health should contact the SAH College Office.
- Assist students with exploring alternative majors, transferring schools, or researching graduate school and careers.
College Deans’ Offices
Your major determines which of the following colleges you are in:
- College of Business Administration (CBA)
- College of Liberal Studies (CLS)
- School of Arts and Communication (SAC)
- College of Science and Health (CSAH)
- School of Education (SOE)
- Process program (change of major) change forms.
- Perform credit checks and degree verifications.
- Ensure accuracy of the Advising Report (AR) report.
- Interpret academic policies and procedures
- Advise incoming transfer students and assist with transfer credits.
- Approve off-campus courses for transfer credit.
- Notify and advise students who are ineligible or on probation
- Advise students without a declared major who are following health-related pre-professional tracks OTHER than pre-PT or pre-OT (those students should contact the Academic Advising Center)
- Assist with course selections and schedule planning for one or more semesters.
- Advice on progression toward graduation (Gen Ed requirements, major, minor, college requirements).
- Discuss opportunities such as undergraduate research and creativity, job shadowing, internships, study abroad programs
- Need the name of your faculty advisor? Check your Student Center in WINGS.
Services for student success
- There are many services and resources on campus to empower students for success.