Drop/Add (Change of Schedule) Forms:
Drop/add forms are available at the Office of Records and Registration, 117 Graff Main Hall. Completed forms may be returned between the hours of 7:45 A.M. and 4:30 P.M.
Adding a Class:
- Students may add classes on their WINGS Student Center through the 5th day of classes without permission, provided that class section is open.
- Between the 6th and 10th day of the semester, the instructor's permission is required to register, if the course is open. Additional approval may be required if the course is closed or to override prerequisites.
- After the 10th day, permission from the instructor, department chairperson, and student's dean is required on all adds of full semester classes.
Dropping a Class:
- Students may drop classes on their WINGS Student Center through the 10th day of classes without permission and without affecting the student's academic record.
- All withdrawals after the 10th day of classes for a full semester course will be recorded with a “W” on the student’s academic record, and written permission is required from the instructor or the student's advisor.
- Any student may withdraw from a class during the first half of a course. No student is permitted to withdraw from a course later than one week after the midterm of a full semester course.
- A student who fails to attend the first two scheduled classes or provide proper notification may be dropped from the course at the discretion of the instructor. However, a student should not assume this will happen. It is still a student’s responsibility to officially drop the course(s).
- The drop date is recorded as of the date the form is officially processed, not the date of the instructor’s signature.
- Total withdrawals from the university in the fall or spring semesters must be done through the Student Life office, 149 Graff Main Hall. For a summer or winter intersession withdrawal, see the Office of Records and Registration, 117 Graff Main Hall.
Drop/add dates for classes shorter than a full semester are prorated based on the length of the course. To see the exact drop date for a particular course, locate the small calendar icon next to the course in your schedule through your WINGS Student Cente
Once completed, the application for an associate degree should be brought or mailed to 117 Graff Main Hall along with the graduation fee. Only cash or check is accepted.
For faculty and departments updating their curricula, click the Curriculum Resources link below to learn about our new Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) system. The Curriculum Resources page has introductory material and help documents to get you started. The links to the Course and Program Forms can be found on that page or through the other links below.
Once completed, the duplicate diploma order should be mailed or brought to 117 Graff Main Hall along with the fee for the diploma. Only cash or check is accepted.
Change of Program forms can be found in (and must be returned to) your Dean's office. This form allows you to change majors, minors and add or delete majors and minors. The form is not electronic. If your new major is in a different college on campus, submit the Change of Program form to the Dean's office that houses your new major. See your Dean's office for more details.
- College of Business: 138 Wimberly Hall
- College of Liberal Studies: 260 Morris Hall
- College of Science and Health: 205 Graff Main Hall
Students who need enrollment verification for Health Insurance, Loan Deferments, Scholarships, etc. can print out a formal statement of attendance by clicking the "Enrollment Verification" menu item under the Enrollment Resources menu located on the lower right side of your WINGS Student Center which will take you to a secure connection to the National Student Clearinghouse. This is a free service to our students. Verify Enrollment/Degree
Once completed, the name change form should be mailed, emailed, faxed, or brought in person to 117 Graff Main Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org. The form should be accompanied by a copy of the legal documentation showing the name change (i.e. driver's license; marriage certificate; course degree).
Students often decide to take courses at other institutions during the various breaks throughout the year (such as winter intersession or summer). Prior to taking a course at another institution, complete the Off Campus Course Evaluation and Permit form available in your Dean's office before registering for the course. This will ensure that the course will transfer appropriately to UWL and fulfill intended requirements. Note: Students may NOT REPEAT a course at another institution once it has been taken at UWL. Please contact the Office of the Dean with questions or concerns regarding transfer information.
The Admissions Office has listed the types of transfer credit available at UWL.
More information and the steps for transferring credit can be found in the Academic Advising Center.
The WINGS Student Center will not allow you to register for courses that are full or require special permission from the instructor, department chair, and/or dean. Permission is obtained on override forms that are available in department offices. These forms are available via your instructor(s) and/or Dean's office.
Electronic overrides are available for closed classes and pre-requisites until the fifth day of instruction. (Exceptions apply for Summer and Winter sessions - see your instructor and/or department chair.)
Once completed, the Summer Session Start Date Appeal Form should be submitted to Records and Registration (117 Graff Main Hall) by January 15th to guarantee inclusion in the Summer Session Timetable.
Once completed, the transcript request form should be mailed to UW-La Crosse, Attn: Transcripts, 1725 State St, La Crosse, WI 54601. The request should be accompanied by the transcript fee in the form of cash or check. The completed form can also be brought in person to 117 Graff Main Hall.