Welcome to WINGS!
WINGS is the name for UWL's Student Information System (SIS). The software provides students, faculty, and staff with access to information related to recruiting and admissions, records and registration, financial aid, student financials, and enhanced self-service capabilities. If you are experiencing issues when trying to view an online tutorial, try using a different browser. Firefox and IE are preferred.
WINGS Student Center HelpMake sure to turn off your pop-up blocker!
Get familiar with WINGS
- General Overview (online tutorial)
- WINGS Manual ( PDF )
- FAQ ( PDF )
- Glossary of Terms ( PDF )
- Password management and reset
Registration in WINGS Student Center
You can make the registration process quicker and easier by adding your desired classes to your Shopping Cart prior to your registration appointment. Although the shopping cart does not reserve a seat for you, it will definitely expedite the process on registration day!
- How to find your registration appointment and other Helpful Registration Tips (PDF)
- How to Search for Classes/Add a Class to Your Shopping Cart (online tutorial)
- How to Register for Classes (online tutorial)
- How to Swap a Class (online tutorial)
- How to Drop a Class (online tutorial)
- Schedule Planner Tool for Students Overview (PDF)
- The Wait List SWAP Feature (PDF)
- How to Add a Wait List for a Closed Class (PDF)
For more registration information and helpful tips/tricks, see the Records website.
Academic information in WINGS Student Center
WINGS Help for faculty and staff:
Get familiar with WINGS
- FAQ (PDF)
- Glossary (PDF)
- Fundamentals of PeopleSoft (online tutorial) (PDF) (Word)
- Basics of Campus Community (online tutorial)
- Applicant Status (online tutorial) (PDF) (Word)
- Updating Addresses (International Education only) (online tutorial) (Word)
- Service Indicators (formerly known as Restrictions) (online tutorial) (Word)
- Plan Set Up Guidelines (Word)
- How to View an Advisee's Advisement Report from Faculty Center (AR) (PDF)
Registration/grading processes in WINGS Faculty Center
- Faculty Center WINGS Guide
- Schedule Planner Tool for Advisors
- Wait List Overview
- Class Permissions (Electronic Overrides)
WINGS resources for department administration
- Textbook Rental
- Course Administration
- Scheduling Classes/Course Catalog Overview for Academic Department Associates (online tutorial)
- Perform a Class Search (PDF) (Word)
- Modify Scheduled Classes (PDF) (Word)
- View and Update Class Sections (PDF) (Word)
- New Combined Sections (PDF) (Word)
- View Class Associations (PDF) (Word)
- Print a Schedule of Classes (PDF) (Word)
- Search for an Available Facility (PDF) (Word)
- View Class Facility Usage (PDF) (Word)
- Online Student Evaluation of Instruction (SEI) User Guide (PDF)
- Chair and ADA Access to Class Email Lists (PDF)
WINGS Log-In Help
- Shortly after your application is received by the UW-La Crosse Admissions Office, an email will be sent with your username and password information. You will then be able to log into your Student Center and monitor your admissions status.
- If you have not yet applied for admission to UW-La Crosse, please visit the UW System electronic application.
- If you have questions on the information displayed in your Student Center after you have successfully logged in, please contact the Admissions Office at 608.785.8939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are having technical difficulties logging into your Student Center, please contact the Eagle Help Desk at 608.785.8774.
Current Students and Faculty/Staff:
- If you are having technical difficulties logging into your Student Center, please contact the Eagle Help Desk at 608.785.8774 or check out the password management page.
- If you have questions on the information displayed in your Student or Faculty Center after you have successfully logged in, please refer to the respective tabs at the top of this page.
- If you have not been enrolled in a class at UWL since Spring of 2009 or earlier, you do not have a WINGS account. To see your record, contact Records and Registration at 608.785.8576 or email. You can also order an official transcript. Find the "Order a Transcript Now!" button in the online section.
- If you have not been enrolled in a class at UWL for the last 6 months, your school email account has been deleted. You will not have access to your WINGS account.