Welcome to the UW-La Crosse College of Business Administration. We are proud to provide students with a solid educational foundation for a career in business.

General Advising Information

CBA Planning Guide can be used along with your Advisement Report in WINGS to track your degree requirements.

Advising Resources

CBA Business Program Admission policy

Students who desire to major in business must be admitted to the CBA Business Program in order to register for the professional, upper division (300/400 numbers) courses offered by the college. An application for admission to the CBA Business Program must be completed and approved by the dean prior to the semester the student plans to enroll in upper division College of Business Administration course work.

Application forms for admission to the Business Program can be obtained online, and may be submitted for either fall or spring semesters. Applications are due by mid-semester. Late applications may not be accepted. To avoid scheduling problems, pre-business students should work closely with their faculty advisors in order to complete the pre-business program within their freshman and sophomore years at UWL. Students who undertake their freshman and sophomore years of study at another university should familiarize themselves with the college’s business requirements and the university’s general education program, and plan their program of study accordingly.

Graduation/degree requirements

Students seeking to graduate from the College of Business Administration must:

  1. Fulfill the university’s general education requirements.
  2. Fulfill all other university general requirements.
  3. Achieve a minimum 2.00 grade point average in the business core and the business major.
  4. Complete at least 50% of the business course requirements (core and major) in residence at UWL.

University baccalaureate degree requirements

Candidates for the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Science degrees must accomplish the following:

  1. Fulfill the general education requirements.
  2. Complete at least one ethnic studies (diversity) course.
  3. Complete the courses prescribed by the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for the degree desired in the respective school or college. (No substitutions for graduation may be made in course requirements for a major or minor after the fourth week of the last semester of the senior year.)
  4. Earn a minimum of 120 semester credits with at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA.1 At least 40 credits must be earned in 300/400 (senior college) level courses. Courses earned at the 100/200 level that transferred to UWL as 300/400 level courses do not apply to this requirement nor do courses from two-year schools.
  5. Complete major and minor requirements with at least a 2.00 GPA1 in each major and minor (and concentration or emphasis, if selected).
  6. A minimum of 30 semester credits in residence at UWL is required for graduation. (See undergraduate resident requirement.)
  7. Submit an application for graduation via the "Apply for Graduation" link in the WINGS Student Center as soon as the student has registered for his or her final semester or summer term in residence. December and winter intersession graduates should apply by May 1. May and summer graduates should apply by December 1.

Grade point average requirements for some programs will be considerably higher than 2.00. Re-entering students may be required to earn credits in excess of the 120 needed for graduation in any curriculum in order to replace credits earned in courses in which the content has changed substantially in recent years. Each case will be judged on its own merit.

Credit Checks
All CBA students are expected to confirm their degree completion by checking their advisement report in WINGS after they register for their final semester. The dean’s office will automatically complete a graduation check for all CBA students before the start of their final semester and notify them by email of any problems. If a student has specific questions or concerns about graduation requirements, they can contact the CBA Dean's Office.

CBA Registration Tips

Did you know that you need a minimum of 120 credits to earn your degree? Make sure you will get the number of credits as well as completing general education, CBA core, major(s), and minor(s).

Certificate programs you can complete:

Chinese Proficiency Certificate
French Proficiency Certificate
Geographic Information Science Certificate
Hmong and Hmong-American Studies Certificate
Human Rights and Criminal Justice Certificate
Professional & Technical Writing Certificate
Russian Studies Certificate
Spanish for the Health Professions Certificate
Society, Health, and Medicine Certificate

Consider adding a minor

CBA Academic Advising Team

Erin Flottmeyer  Profile of Erin Flottmeyer

Academic Advising Manager
1214 Wittich Hall