Posted 3:47 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023
Students from across campus show work in UWL exhibit
UW-La Crosse students from a variety of majors across campus will show their work during the annual All-Student Juried Art Exhibition.
The exhibit opens with awards and a reception from 5-7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, in the University Art Gallery, 100 Lowe Center for the Arts, 333 16th St. N. The show runs through Wednesday, Feb. 22. All events are free and open to the public.
The more than 50 pieces of work were selected by Rochester, Minnesota, artists Nicole Havekost and Chris Rackley.
Havekost, who has exhibited extensively throughout the U.S. in both solo and group exhibitions, is a 2020, 2018 and 2013 Minnesota State Arts Board Artist Initiative grant recipient. The long-time educator has taught at St. Mary’s University, Winona State University and Rochester Community and Technical College and in Michigan.
Rackley is an interdisciplinary artist who experiments with video, sculpture and drawing to explore memory and perception. His most recent awards include a 2022 Creative Support for Individuals Grant and a 2022 Kolman & Reeb Gallery Project Space Grant.
Students and their works selected for the exhibit include:
- Gracie Acklam: Peace
- Madison Atkinson: Tea, with that French Revolution?
- Kayleigh Baasch: Ink Cloud Collage
- Lydia Bergerson: It’s okay; Traveler (2)
- Nicholas Bilyeu, Lindsey Kugler, Trista Milner: Flowers
- Mattie Blanck: Puffer Coat Fashion Portrait; Medusa in Color (2)
- Maiya Brandt: Potter’s Hands; Class Dismissed; Woo Blue Vessel (3)
- Brooke Branscome, Olivia Otto, Amy West: S.S. BOA
- Ellie L. Burbach: What Are You Looking At?
- Arlo Ceman: Señor Bear Bear
- Ellen Cervantes: Icky Boy; No-Poke! (2)
- Leo Chavolla: Copper Vessel #1; Knot your regular cufflinks and studs (2)
- Elisa Engman: Recover Your Life
- Catherine Ann Gamble: The RIP
- Andrea Grunwald: Mask of the Sea; Crown of the Forest (2)
- Sara Hafften: In the Zone; Food for Thought (2)
- August Jennings: Cleopatra; Arachnys; Etched (3)
- Ella Kluck: i’m always watching
- Veronica Kolb: Welcome to the Jungle; High Tea (2)
- Molly Kalous: Following Stars; To Be a Girl is to Perform (2)
- Carlson Kreger: Forgiveness
- Chloe Kuester: oh hey
- Jonathan LeGault: Untitled 4
- Coral Neubauer: Full Circle
- Rusty Norgord: Meatball
- Kayla Rippe: Living Room Art
- Ryan Rateike: Intermittent Timing
- Reece Rumpza: bubbled vase
- Elizabeth Schams: Teeth
- Emma Sebranek: Chicken People; Eggshells (2)
- Sidney Scherwinski: NoB******?
- Kylie Stockton: Still Life
- Nora Elizabeth Waltz: Accepting
- Josh Wolfe: Elevator Music
Gallery hours are 1-8 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 1-5 p.m. Fridays-Sundays, and during events at Toland Theatre. Exhibitions are free and open to the public.
Get more information about the gallery and artists at: https://www.uwlax.edu/art/exhibition-opportunities/university-gallery/#tab-current-exhibitions-and-events