Posted 6:07 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12, 2021
November Policy Action Summary and Effective Date Reminders. Please find included the November Policy Action Summary. It details policy work completed between October 29, 2021 and November 12, 2021.
November Policy Action Summary and Effective Date Reminders
Please find attached the November Policy Action Summary. It details policy work completed between October 29, 2021 and November 12, 2021. This includes:
· one (1) amended Regent Policy Document
· one (1) revised interim UW System Administrative guidance
Additional details and a listing of policies in the final revision stages can be found in the attached memo.
This RPD amendment is effective as of November 4, 2021.
· RPD 6-4, “Selection Process for System President, Chancellors, Vice Chancellors, and UW System Senior Leadership Positions,” defines the roles and responsibilities of the Board of Regents and the System President and the committees they appoint, when filling leadership positions in UW System Administration and at UW institutions. The amended policy specifies a minimum number of Regents to serve on the Special Regent Committee for chancellor searches to provide greater flexibility to the Regent President in making appointments to search committees, specifies that members of the Special Regent Committee shall also serve as members of the Search and Screen Committee and to provide greater flexibility to include non-Regent members on Search and Screen Committees, and requires the Regent President to provide advance written authorization to allow interim appointees to participate as a candidate for permanent positions.
These interim guidance revisions are effective as of November 11, 2021.
· These guidelines outline interventions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep minors safe while visiting campuses for youth programming. Updates to the Guidelines are as follows:
· Updated 5.E.a. to indicate that the provisions of 5.E.a.i-iii only apply to unvaccinated participants.
· Added 5.E.b. to indicate that vaccinated participants should be screened daily for symptoms prior to the start of an activity as part of multi day activities.
Policy Effective Dates Reminders
There is a previously approved policy that has an upcoming effective dates in the next two months. Please review it below and visit the link to familiarize yourself with the content that will be coming into effect. If you have questions about implementation leading up to the effective date, please contact the policy owner for more information and clarification.
The policy below will go into effect on January 1, 2022: