Posted 10:26 a.m. Friday, Dec. 9, 2022
Therapy dogs, free cocoa and lemonade, extended hours, de-stress resources and more!
Another semester is almost over, and Murphy Library is here to help you finish it out strong! We have many resources available to help you do your absolute best during finals week!
The library will be open later for finals from December 15 - 31. For the full list of our hours, including those for Research Assistance and Special Collections see our hours webpage. Plan your visit to the library by checking our our live facility counts too!
Thursday - Friday, December 15 - 16: 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Saturday, December 17: 7:30 a.m. - midnight
Sunday, December 18: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Monday - Tuesday, December 19 - 20: 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Wednesday, December 21: 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
In partnership with the Coulee Region Humane Society, therapy dogs will be in the library from 12-2 p.m. on Thursday, December 15th and Friday, December 16th.
FREE Cocoa and Lemonade
Murphy Library and Dining Services are providing hot cocoa and lemonade in the library at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 17th and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 18th. Drinks are first come, first served.
Need help finding a few more sources for your final paper? Are you trying to determine if the sources you’ve found are credible? Get research help from a librarian from noon to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays during finals.
You can also find library resources for different subjects, courses, or other topics by using our library guides.
Cite Your Sources
Writing up your bibliography can be tricky, but librarians have put together a Citing Sources guide full of tips and resources to help you create your citations.
Tutoring sessions are available in person in the Murphy Learning Center and through video via the MLC course inside Canvas. More information can be found on the MLC webpage.
Need a study break to help you de-stress? Try one of the following:
- Board games
- Murphy Library has a selection of games, such as Chess, Mancala, and more! Just ask about them at the Circulation Desk.
- Mindfulness resources
- UWL's Counseling and Testing service has a variety of resources available to students to help with study skills, mindfulness, relaxation, and more.
- Insight Timer has a wealth of meditation, yoga, and sleep resources, and nearly all of them are free.
- Get active
- Check out this list of well-being resources to find information about working out at home. Also look for available opportunities through UWL Rec Sports. Check out their Instagram (@uwlrec) or Facebook (facebook.com/UWLRecSports) for more info.
- Check out these free coloring pages you can print out or color online.
- Play games for free online with friends
- Visit PlayingCards.io to play games like Trial by Trolley, Joking Hazard, Chess, and more with your friends or family, even if you currently live in different cities, states, or countries!