Program alumni


Wisconsin Licensing

Occupational Therapy License in Wisconsin (Temporary or Permanent)

  1. The process and forms are on the Dept. of Safety & Professional Services website.  Click on Licenses/Permits/Registrations-- Health Professions – Occupational Therapy. 
  2. For either a temporary or permanent license, proof that you have completed your education is required.  There is a form called the Certificate of Professional Education that must be completed and sent to the licensing board by the university.  Please note that even though the form says that it can be completed by the program director, the OT program does not have the university seal necessary to complete the form.  If you mail it to the program director, therefore, it will delay getting the form processed.

    Complete your portion of the form and send (snail mail or fax) the form, along with an explanatory email, directly to:

    Carla Burkardt, Assistant Dean
    College of Science and Health
    228 Graff Main Hall
    University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
    1725 State Street
    La Crosse, WI  54601
    608.785.6520 (fax)

  3. Transcripts are available from the Registrar’s office.  Current fee is $10.00.  


You will need to request official transcripts from UWL to apply to NBCOT to take the exam, to obtain a state license, to apply for graduate school, and perhaps to apply for a job.  As of June 25, 2014, the fee is $10.00 per transcript and UWL has a fairly rapid turnaround time.  When you need a transcript, please contact the Registrar’s office

OT Alumni Group on Facebook


Now that you are an official alumnus, please join this group that is designed to keep you updated on what is happening here in our program at UWL:

  • Job postings
  • Continuing education announcements
  • CATS handouts and papers published
  • Peer networking
  • Opportunities to participate in the program

Job Postings