Veteran Advisory Committee
The Veteran Advisory Council was formed to help UWL help veteran students, service members, and dependents of veterans and service members succeed at UWL. As such this Council is responsible for the following:
- Examining educational needs of veteran/service members/dependents and designing ways to meet those needs.
- Working with UWL Institutional Research, development of a database of useful statistics about these students (examples: number of current students, retention and graduation rates, percent of students in each major, etc.).
- Obtaining UW System Veteran Certification approval.
- Development of educational events/publications to help faculty and staff understand the needs of these students and the resources available to them on campus.
- Exploration of recruitment of veteran/service member students and advising education for advisors working with these students.
- Development of special events (like bringing “Back From the Front” author David Chrisinger to campus).
- Exploration of state and federal grants to assist UWL in helping veteran students be successful.
Profile of Kevin LeQue
Veteran's Education Benefits Coordinator
Profile of Ashley Cree
Acad Services and Cert Officer
Profile of Scott Johns
Assistant Director Admiss/M
Profile of Jennifer Weber
Student Services Coordinator
Profile of Aiyana Dettmann
Profile of Jane Brannan
Professor of Military Science
Profile of Mindy Braun
Financial Specialist Senior
Profile of Scott Cooper
Profile of Linda Ghelf
Re-Entry Admissions Counselor
Profile of Vernell Glenn
Senior Student Service Coordinator
Profile of Mark Huesmann
Profile of Andrew Ives
Assistant Director Student Life Interim
Profile of Jessica Palmer
University Services Associate 1
Profile of Shari Schoohs
Adam Van Liere
Profile of Adam Van Liere