Students interested in completing a teacher education program at UW-La Crosse may declare a teacher education major and be assigned an advisor in their program at any point in their career at UW-La Crosse. However, students must apply for and be accepted into the program in order to register for certain education courses, progress to a degree, and complete licensure requirements.
- Applications are accepted to DES and SPE programs via an online survey during the first 3 weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Late/incomplete applications are not considered.
- A confirmation email will be sent to applicants when they successfully complete their application survey.
- An admissions committee will meet to review applications and determine who will be accepted to the program.
- Admission decisions will be sent to the applicants via e-mail by Friday of the eighth week of the semester.
- Any applicant who changes major or licensure track must reapply for admission. Readmission will be based on current admission criteria.
Students should apply to the EC-MC, MC-EA and EC-A programs using the following link:
Applications accepted in Spring 2018: Jan. 22-Feb. 9 (closes at 4:00 PM Feb. 9)
- Applicants must meet minimum criteria in order to apply – please follow this link to the catalog to view these criteria
- Additional factors may be considered in admissions decisions
- Request for an admission waiver: Applicants who have significant extenuating circumstances that prevent them from meeting either the GPA or basic skills test admission criterion may apply for an admission waiver – see catalog for details on how to request the waiver