Orchestral Studies at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse consists of the Symphony Orchestra, and four chamber music ensembles: the Chancellor’s String Quartet, the Hoeschler String Quartet, the Cordeiro Woodwind Quintet and the Symphonic Brass Quintet.
2017 Audition Info:
Auditions for both the Orchestra and the Wind Ensemble will be held on September 4, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Center for the Arts room 319.
- The sign-up sheet will be posted by August 1, 2017 on Dr. Seddon's door - Center for the Arts room 319.
- Audition materials should be downloaded and you should bring your copy of the music to the audition.
- Incoming Students: You need to register for either Orchestra or Wind Symphony when you do your Orientation and Registration Day visit. If you are not registered yet, we will help you when the Fall semester begins!
- Everyone should prepare the exerpts as marked on the PDFs for each instrument.
- Trumpets: you have two excerpts from the file provided. You will be doing the opening of Mahler's 5th Symphony and the Ballerina's Dance from Stravinsky's Pertouska.
- Percussion: We will have a meeting at 9:10pm on September 4th in Center for the Arts room 56. You should bring one of the following: mallet solo, timpani solo, or snare drum solo.