Due to COVID-19, our physical office is closed. However, all classes will be held online and instructors and staff are working remotely. We recommend email or Canvas to reach instructors and email or phone for departmental business.

Visit the University's COVID-19 Response page


View full screen

How do I declare psychology as a major?

  1. Complete the online tutorial that will automatically submit your response to a Psychology advisor in the Academic Advising Center. Plan on at least 1 hour and be ready for built-in online quizzes on the material.
    Click HERE for the tutorial. **Not mobile friendly currently.**
  2. An advising professional will contact you after you have completed the tutorial to set up a face-to-face meeting.
  3. Receive an endorsed Psychology change of major form at your meeting with the advisor. Take the form to the College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Humanities Office (235 Morris Hall). If you are adding psychology as a second major, please ask an advisor about the process.
  4. Although you still may need to complete required coursework to be allowed full access to psychology courses, but the process described above results in Psychology being listed as your official major.
  5. After Psychology is your official major, you will be assigned an advisor in the Academic Advising Center (first year students) or a faculty advisor in the Psychology Department (30+ credits completed).