Welcome to the Department of Finance at UW-La Crosse
The Department of Finance at University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is focused on the professional and personal development of our students. The finance major integrates real-world experience with traditional study through the use of:
- case studies
- management of investment portfolios, and
- interaction with local and regional business leaders
Students who successfully complete the program enter into the areas of insurance, banking, investment and trust services, personal financial planning, and corporate finance upon graduation.
Unique features of the Department of Finance at UWL include:
- a student-managed investment fund
- a partnership with local associates of Kaplan-Schweser to provide preparation for CFA® examinations through an elective in the program, and
- a flexible program which allows for a concentration in Risk, Insurance, and Financial Planning or the convenient addition of a minor in Accounting or Economics, among other possibilities
- Finance - Risk, Insurance and Financial Planning
Surround yourself with distinction. Surround yourself with UW-La Crosse!