Recreation Management and Therapeutic Recreation Department (REC/RTH)
Admission to the Therapeutic Recreation Program is competitive and not all who apply may be accommodated. To be considered for admission to the therapeutic recreation major the student must have:
- Completed or be “in progress” of completing the preadmission courses (BIO 100 or BIO 105 or MIC 100; MTH 145, PSY 100, PSY 212, REC 150, RTH 250) with a grade “C” or better in each of these core courses.
- A minimum cumulative UWL GPA of 2.5.
- Completion of 50 hours of pre-professional experience in an organized program that services various persons with disabilities, chronic health conditions, and/or vulnerable populations in a recreation context is required.
- 250 word essay explaining why the applicant wants to pursue a degree in therapeutic recreation.
- Applications are due October 1 to be considered for admission to the program spring semester and February 1 to be considered for admission to the program for fall semester.