Admitted second degree student

To review important information regarding your admission and next steps, select the appropriate term below:

Winter/Spring 2023 Summer 2023 Fall 2023

As a second degree student, you will not receive a credit evaluation. You will need to consult with the Dean’s Office for the College to which you are assigned (see letter of admission) to determine which courses you need to complete to earn your second undergraduate degree.  We recommend that you contact the appropriate individual below:

College and undergraduate major Contact person
College of Business Administration
Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Management, Marketing

Nicole Vidden
1205 Wittich Hall

College of Arts, Social Sciences, & Humanities or
School of Visual and Performing Arts
Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Peter Stovall
138 Wimberly Hall  
College of Arts, Social Sciences, & Humanities or 
School of Visual and Performing Arts
Archaeology, Art, Communication Studies, Music, Theatre, Department of Global Cultures and Languages (French, German Studies, Spanish), English
Peter Stovall
138 Wimberly Hall  
College of Science and Health
Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Computer Science, Geography/Earth Science, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Physics, Pre-Professional Programs, Radiation Therapy
Carla Burkhardt
105 Graff Main Hall
College of Science and Health
Exercise and Sport Science, ESS-Fitness, ESS-Sport Management, Recreation Management, Therapeutic Recreation
Guy Herling
105 Graff Main Hall
School of Education
Early Childhood-Middle Childhood, Middle Childhood-Early Adolescence, Secondary Teacher Education Programs, (STEP), Modern Languages Education, Music Education, Art Education, Physical Education, and Health Education (Early Childhood-Adolescence Certification)
Jen Pinnow
235 Morris Hall

Certain undergraduate programs are highly selective and applicants must meet additional requirements for entrance into a program. Your letter of admission does not guarantee admission into any program of study.

Additionally, students who have graduated from a regionally accredited institution other than UW-La Crosse must meet all core, professional, and major requirements for the second degree, and earn at least 30 resident credits beyond the first degree. You will work with the appropriate individual identified above to determine program specific requirements.

Please click here for more information about our Transfer Credit Policies, including information about Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Exam Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits. 

Credit is awarded for college-level course work completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). (Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country.) Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs.  Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.

Select appropriate term below for important information regarding academic advising and registration:

Registration Checklists:

Classes Begin:

Information will be mailed beginning:

Winter 2023 January 3, 2023 November 1, 2022
Spring 2023 January 23, 2023 November 1, 2022
Summer 2023
(coming March 2023!)
Session 1:  May 22, 2023
Session 2:  June 19, 2023
Session 3:  July 17, 2023
April 1, 2023
Fall 2023
(coming March 2023!)
September 5, 2023 April 1, 2023

You will need to consult with the Dean's Office for the College to which you are assigned (see letter of admission) to determine which courses you need to complete to earn your second undergraduate degree.  See the transfer credit tab for appropriate contacts.

Familiarize yourself with the WINGS Student Center expanding section

The WINGS Student Center is UWL's Student Information System. WINGS is utilized by students to:  

  • Check course offerings
  • Register for courses
  • Pay outstanding balances
  • Accept/decline financial aid
  • Update personal information
  • View grades 
Log on to Learn expanding section

Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that offers tools and functions not only for online courses, but also to supplement face-to-face courses.

  • Deliver quizzes
  • Submit and grade assignments 
  • Access learning tools such as Turnitin, Akindi, Kaltura
  • And so much more!

Log in to Canvas

More information on Canvas at UWL


Learn about campus resources expanding section

Visit the Student Success page to learn more about what UWL has to offer in terms of academic support, financial support and campus involvement.

Know your contacts expanding section
Campus resources Location Phone
Academic Advising Center 1209 Centennial Hall 608.785.6950
Athletics 126 Mitchell Hall 608.785.8616
Career Services 1209 Centennial Hall 608.785.8514
Cashiers Office 121 Graff Main Hall 608.785.8719
College of Business Administration 1205 Wittich Hall 608.785.8090
College of Arts, Social Sciences, & Humanities 138 Wimberly Hall 608.785.8113
College of Science & Health 105 Graff Main Hall 608.785.8218
Extended Learning 205 Morris Hall 608.785.6500
Counseling & Testing 2106 Centennial Hall 608.785.8073
ACCESS Center 124 Wimberly Hall  608.785.6900
Financial Aid 215 Graff Main Hall 608.785.8604
Foundation Office Cleary Center 608.785.8489
Graduate Studies 205 Morris Hall 608.785.8124
International Education 1140 Centennial Hall 608.785.8016
ITS Support Center WINGS Technology Building 608.785.8774
Multicultural Student Services 1101 Centennial Hall 608.785.8225
Parking Office Parking Ramp 608.785.8061
Postal Services 135 Maintenance Building 608.785.8060
Records & Registration 117 Graff Main Hall 608.785.8951
Residence Life Eagle Hall 608.785.8075
School of Visual & Performing Arts 138 Wimberly Hall 608.785.8113
School of Education 260 Morris Hall 608.785.8127
Student Health Center 1030 Health Science Center  608.785.8558
Student Life Office 149 Graff  Main Hall 608.785.8062
Textbook Rental LL Student Union 608.785.8853
UW Credit Union 1135 Student Union 608.232.5000 
University Centers 3200 Student Union 608.785.8888
Veteran Services 233 Graff Main Hall 608.785.8631

On campus resources

Locate buildings expanding section

Refer to the campus map to find your way around campus.

Purchase meal plan expanding section

UWL has a fantastic assortment of dining options. Learn more about meal plans.

Purchase parking permit and/or utilize the city bus expanding section

Parking permits are sold on a seniority basis. To purchase a permit, please visit the Parking Office.

Students have access to the city bus with a student ID. The La Crosse Municipal Transit (MTU) has routes in La Crosse, Onalaska, and La Crescent. Learn more about the U-Pass.

Rent textbooks expanding section

Textbook rental is included in undergraduate students' tuition and fees. Textbooks can be checked out in the beginning of the semester and returned upon final exams.