Learn how to apply as a:
During the spring months students can sign up for a number of different visit options: Campus Tour, Individual Appointments or Group Information Session.
Campus tours will continue throughout the spring semester until the semester ends on Friday, May 5. Summer tours will begin on Thursday, June 1.
- Tours of Campus are available to all students twice a day, Monday through Friday, at 11 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
- Individual Appointments are available to seniors every day and sophomores and juniors when a Group Information Session is not scheduled.
- High school sophomores and juniors are encouraged to register for the Group Information Sessions in the Spring. Group Information Sessions are on popular Fridays, Mondays and around high schools' spring breaks. The session times are at 10 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. A tour of campus is included at 11 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. respectively, with the Group Information Session. Summer Group Information Sessions begin Monday, July 1.
Select a visit option below for more details and then follow the steps to set up your visit. If a visit option is not visible on a select day it is closed or not offered. A unique email is necessary for each student appointment.
Campus tours, last approximately 75 minutes and led by a member of the Vanguard organization, are available at 11:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, during the school year while classes are in session. During the summer session, tours are offered at 11:00 a.m. only, Monday through Friday. Your visit will start with a brief overview of UWL and the admission process from an Admissions counselor before starting the student led walking tour. The 75 minute visit experience includes academic buildings, residence halls, dining facilities, recreation facilities and other student life buildings. Admissions counselors are again available to answer questions at the conclusion of your tour.
If you are unable to make it to campus for a tour, please explore our virtual campus tour.
Tours are not offered: May 6-31, August 26-September 4, November 23-26 and March 10-18.
Tours Available: Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. & 2:15 p.m.
Individual appointment for a prospective freshmen
Individual appointments with admissions counselors are available from September through June and are designed for prospective students who are unable to attend a Campus Close-Up or a Group Information Session. We also encourage you to make a reservation for a campus tour.
Please note: Campus tours are not offered May 8 -May 31, 2017, but Individual appointments may still be available during these times.
Group Information Session for prospective freshmen
Group Information Sessions are one-hour presentations by an admissions counselor designed to provide an overview of UWL and the new freshman admissions process. These sessions are followed by a one-hour walking tour of campus, led by a member of the Vanguard organization. Group Information Sessions are available at 10:00 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. on select dates during the fall and spring semesters and summer. Spring Group Information Sessions are for high school sophomores and juniors only. Summer and fall Group Information Sessions are available to all students.
Please note: Visit options fill quickly during prime visit seasons (late-July, and August, late March/early-April). Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance. Once a visit option is full the visit will remain full until someone cancels their online visit. The Admissions Office does not have wait list for visitors.
Tours are not offered: May 6-31, August 26-September 4, November 23-26, and March 10-18.
Note: Group Information Sessions are available to high school sophomores and juniors in the spring semester. Seniors are encourage to choose the individual appointment option on Group Information Sessino days.
Group Information Session Dates and Times:
- Friday, April 28 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Friday, May 5 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Friday, June 30 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, July 3 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Wednesday, July 5 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, July 6 - 10:00 AM
- Friday, July 7 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, July 10 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, July 11 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 12 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, July 13 - 10:00 AM
- Friday, July 14 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, July 17 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, July 18 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 19 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, July 20 - 10:00 AM
- Friday, July 21 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, July 24 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, July 25 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, July 26 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, July 27 - 10:00 AM
- Friday, July 28 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, July 31 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 1 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 2 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, August 3, 10:00 AM
- Friday, August 4 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, August 7 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 8 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 9 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, August 10, 10:00 AM
- Friday, August 11, 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, August 14 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 15 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 16 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, August 17, 10:00 AM
- Friday, August 18, 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Monday, August 21 - 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
- Tuesday, August 22 - 10:00 AM
- Wednesday, August 23 - 10:00 AM
- Thursday, August 24, 10:00 AM
- Friday, August 25, 10:00 AM & 1:15 PM
Campus Close-Ups provide prospective new students and families the opportunity to learn more about UW-La Crosse, including our academic programs, financial aid, and the admissions process. Members of the Vanguard organization lead a panel discussion about campus life, and the day concludes with a one-hour walking tour of campus led by a current student. The only cost to you for attending Campus Close-Up is lunch. View a sample agenda for the day. There is no limit to the number of guests included in your reservation.
Fall 2017 Campus Close-Up Dates
- October 20
- October 27
- November 10
Individual appointment for a prospective transfer student
Individual appointments with a transfer admission counselor are recommended for transfer students who have not yet applied for admission. The appointment will include information about the application process and admission guidelines. Please note: If you are an admitted transfer student, please review the next drop down item titled "Individual Appointment for an Admitted Transfer Student".
Individual appointment for an admitted transfer student
Admitted transfer students who have questions regarding registration and academic advising are encouraged to contact the Dean's Office for the College to which they are assigned. (See your admission letter if you are unsure.)
Please do not schedule an individual appointment to meet with a transfer admission counselor; instead, visit the Admitted Transfer Students webpage (Advising & Registration tab) for a listing of College contacts.
Group Information Session for a prospective transfer student
Group Information Sessions are one-hour presentations by an admissions counselor designed to provide an overview of UWL and the transfer admissions process. These sessions are followed by a one-hour walking tour of campus, led by a member of the Vanguard organization. Group Information Sessions are available at 10:00 a.m. on two select Saturdays during the fall semester.
There are no upcoming Group Information Sessions scheduled.
Special school/group visits
Thank you for your interest in UW-La Crosse. Group visits are designed for groups of six or more students in grades 9 - 12 (ex: college access groups, organizations, clubs, or high school groups). We enjoy organizing information sessions and campus tours with the prospective college student in mind.
Group presentations can be modified to your group's desired level and can be modified in length. A two-hour visit is comprised of a one-hour admissions presentation followed by a one hour walking tour of campus. If your visit includes a tour it must be scheduled around the 11 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. tour times. Visits and tours are available during the academic calendar (September 6- December 14 and January 25 - May 6) and in the summer (June 1 - August 26). We ask for a minimum of three weeks notice before your intended visit.
While we try our best to accommodate additional requests (student panels and departmental presentations), these requests are not guaranteed. In addition, during busy times of year we may not be able to honor all visit requests as we plan our visits on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please notify the Admissions Office if you need to cancel, modify, or will be late for your campus visit. We ask for 48 hours notice to cancel your visit (excluding weather related/unavoidable issues). Late-arriving groups may not be able to participate in all scheduled activities.
To set up your special school/group visit at least three weeks in advance of your requested date, please contact Joshua Rybaski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.785.8939.
In preparation for your visit please have the following information:
- Group Name
- Contact Person
- Contact Person Position
- Street Address
- City, State, Zip
- Phone Number
- Number of Students
- Number of Chaperones
- Grade of students (9, 10, 11, and/or 12th grade)
- Date of Visit
- Time of day for visit (11 a.m. or 2:15 p.m. tour time)
- Additional Requests
Individuals with disabilities needing accommodations during a campus visit should contact Joshua Rybaski, Communications Coordinator, at 608.785.8939 as early as possible prior to the tour/appointment. Accommodations such as ASL interpreters or wheelchairs will be made available on request to the fullest extent possible, but will take additional time to arrange. It is recommended that at least two weeks notice be provided to ensure the university is able to make arrangements.
Directions to UWL
We are excited to have you visit campus. Please remember to schedule your visit so that we can prepare for your arrival. Parking instructions, including a permit, will be emailed to you after you schedule your visit with us. Please consider printing a campus map. The La Crosse Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Onalaska Tourism Commission provides additional information about our community and lodging options available to visitors.
La Crosse and Onalaska Exits
From Interstate I-90, Exit 3, Exit 4 and Exit 5 all lead to the UW-La Crosse campus, but only the closest exit is listed below for each direction.
- Exit 3 travels along the scenic Great River Road and is the main route to Historic Downtown La Crosse.
- Exit 4 is a direct route south linking Hwy. 53 from the north with Hwy. 16.
- Exit 5 is the most easterly route into the City of La Crosse via Hwy. 16.
From the North (Hwy. 53): If traveling south on Highway 53 (go over I-90 at Exit 4). Follow Highway 157 to Highway 16. Turn right on Highway 16. Drive 3.5 miles and turn right on La Crosse Street and then left on East Avenue to campus.
From the West (I-90): Exit Interstate I-90 at Exit 3 onto US 53 South. Drive 3.9 miles and turn left on La Crosse Street; continue for 1.1 miles and turn right on East Avenue to Campus.
From the East (I-90): Travelers heading west to La Crosse on Interstate I-90 exit at Onalaska-La Crosse Highway 16 (Exit 5). Turn left onto Highway 16. Drive 4.8 miles and right on La Crosse Street and then left on East Avenue to campus.
From the South: Highway 14, 61, and 35 enter the city on the south. Follow the green "UW-La Crosse" signs north on Losey Boulevard to Highway 16 (3.0 miles). Turn left on La Crosse Street and then left on East Avenue to campus.
|FROM LA CROSSE TO:||MILEAGE|
|Milwaukee, Wisconsin||200 miles|
|Madison, Wisconsin||142 miles|
|Green Bay, Wisconsin||206 miles|
|Wausau, Wisconsin||147 miles|
|St. Paul, Minnesota||150 miles|
|Chicago, Illinois||283 miles|